Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pratt Lake Trail #1007 / Ollalie Lake - Alpine Lakes, WA (03/09/02)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostSat Mar 09, 2002 7:24 pm 
Left trailhead at 750am. Only one other group on trail. A few inches of fluffy powder with a good boilerplate base. Trail was in good shape, and we reached an open meadow that was well past the Ollalie Lake cutoff so we continued up to a ridge after ascending a wide open slope. We treaded very quickly as it was a potentially good avalanche slope, so we made it to the tress then jumped on the ridge just west of the West Granite summit near 4400 feet. It was real windy and the ridge was heavily corniced. We ate some food and headed down. Our tracks were completely gone on the way back, so we made our way towards the trees and got back just fine. For the next 1 hour we ran into at least 5 groups and about 25+ people! This trail is not to my liking as it is rather flat and traverses forever. I will find myself back here in the spring/summer though to do some overnighters.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message