Forum Index > Trail Talk > Is there any snow in the hills?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
hikerjo

hikerjo
PostSat Feb 21, 2004 8:57 am 
I have been in Arizona for the past week and a half (got home about 1:00 this morning) and have no idea what the weather has been like here. But, I do know that it is sunny today up.gif up.gif up.gif and I would love to get out. Anyone know if there is any snow around exit 38 on snowqualmie pass? An answer before 8:30 would be awsome! smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Plinko

Plinko
PostSat Feb 21, 2004 9:35 am 
Snow?
Not Much....There's some snow on the ground, but not like a typical February. Are you looking to do McClellan Butte, or rock climbing along the Iron Horse Trail? Everything should be pretty acessible but I'd wear gaiters none the less... Have Fun!

Wapiti
Hik'abili

Wapiti
Hik'abili
PostSat Feb 21, 2004 9:40 am 
Not exactly exit 38, but I was up in SalmonLaSac on Wednesday, snowshoeing up Hex Mtn. Then, the snow was pretty heavy and wet, but still good to hike in. It rained a little while I was up there, then turned to snow, then to rain, and like that the rest of the day. But not bad enough to make a mess. Its been just sunny and cold in the mountains since; at least on this side. I'm going back up on Sunday.

Take a kid hiking... It'll make a World of difference! Kittitas County Search & Rescue - Backcountry Ground Team Leader
hikerjo

hikerjo
PostSat Feb 21, 2004 10:46 am 
Thanks for the info, darn, I am gettin a late start. I am going up to Gunshow, over by the fire training academy to do some "rock work" winksmile.gif . It looks like its going to be an awsome day, thanks again. smile.gif

nwgrammarian

nwgrammarian
PostSat Feb 21, 2004 7:50 pm 
singular vs. plural
Should this thread be entitled, "Is there any snow in the hills?" or "Are there any snow in the hills?"

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSat Feb 21, 2004 11:51 pm 
Maybe it's "Are there any snows in the hills." There are plenty of flakes.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
dreamr

dreamr
PostSun Feb 22, 2004 8:37 am 
frown.gif there's still snow covering all my lakes frown.gif Maybe another month or so. I was at Lake 22 yesterday, and there is approximately 3 to 4 feet at the lake. Didn't go anywhere else this week. Last week Heather Lake was is similar condition, seemed like a little less snow, it could just be me though. We were gonna work our way up to Pinnacle lake, but decided against it due to time, maybe next weekend we'll lock the Hubs into 4x4 and try and get up there. I hear their is a slide at 2 miles on 4020 anyone see the severity of that? If it's not to bad we'll do a little road maintainance. Then again we may be hiking in to the trail.

dreamr, One who oftens finds themselves sitting quietly in the mists waiting for the return of a lost age.
Blake

Blake
PostSun Feb 22, 2004 2:59 pm 
snow=singular is=singular

touron

touron
PostMon Feb 23, 2004 12:18 am 
Quote:
There are plenty of flakes.
Which is why I never hike unarmed. I usually carry two, in fact.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.