Forum Index > Trail Talk > Mt Constance summit
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 5:34 pm 
Soon the conditions will be right for an attack on Mt Constance as the snow compacts on the avalanche chute above lake Constance. I have a good base camp near Union that will minimize the driving - stay friday night, drive to TH for Lake Constance on Saturday for a relaxed, although steep, hike up to the lake for an overnight. Wake up Sunday, summit then back to the car. Those who have to work on Monday can go home while the young at heart can sit on the deck and drink beer. Only concern might be the condition of the road to the TH as it washed out this summer but this can be handled with mountain bikes. Wrongbridge, do you now if the road has been fixed ? - fat chance I'm sure. It is a scramble with a couple of places made easier with a rope and and a couple of pickets. Any interest ?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostFri Feb 27, 2004 6:10 pm 
Of course, those interested in hiking to Lake Constance would be welcome to overnight at the lake or plan it as a day trip too.

WrongBridge

WrongBridge
PostSat Feb 28, 2004 5:34 pm 
darn!
I wish I would have known that my hiking partner was going to bail on me for the low divide trip that i had planned, because that trip you had planned sounded fun. Anyway I'm not too sure about that road because I haven't been over that way in awhile. If you have anymore trips planned in the Oly's let me know! WB

Too much of a good thing is wonderful (May West)
Captain Trips

Captain Trips
PostSat Feb 28, 2004 6:26 pm 
WB, The Constance trip is flexible, some time in March or early April, again depending on snow and weather conditions. Next week I'm going over to Union Friday, Saturday and Sunday so if you're in the neighborhood, let me know. At the Robin Hood ( near Alderbrook) there is a cool brew pub that has live music on the weekends walking distance to the place I'm staying so one can pull out all stops !