Forum Index > Trip Reports > Snoqualmie Lake Hike
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
summit44

summit44
PostSun Apr 04, 2004 10:51 pm 
There is MASSIVE BLOWDOWN past the spur to Snoqualmie Lake. There are MASSIVE snowfields. You need trekking poles, gaiters and snow shoes. Without snowshoes you will be post holing and it wont be fun. It fact the sun is so warm and the UV rays are so strong the snow is melting very fast underneath you. One of my legs fell through almost to my hip and caused me to loose my balance sending me sliding on my back head first toward the frozen lake. This is a VERY difficult hike and a long one. This hike is 16 miles round trip. Without a map or a good sense of direction a person could get lost out here. There are foot tracks in the snow going all directions and in some areas no prints at all. Dont hike this trail alone. Bring a friend. The weather Saturday was awesome and we shot really great video for the upcoming X2 Preview by Cascade Studios. We shot many photographs which will be shown in the stills section. I will post more data in the next day or so. Too tired right now. For now if you have questions you may contact Cascade Studios via email at Cascade_Studios@hotmail.com.

Eric Owens Founder Summit Studios Northwest
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostSun Apr 04, 2004 11:45 pm 
It is just a tad little early to be expecting the snow around Snoqualmie to be gone...

Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Apr 04, 2004 11:51 pm 
summit44 wrote:
There is MASSIVE BLOWDOWN past the spur to Snoqualmie Lake. There are MASSIVE snowfields. You need trekking poles, gaiters and snow shoes. Without snowshoes you will be post holing and it wont be fun. It fact the sun is so warm and the UV rays are so strong the snow is melting very fast underneath you. One of my legs fell through almost to my hip and caused me to loose my balance sending me sliding on my back head first toward the frozen lake. This is a VERY difficult hike and a long one. This hike is 16 miles round trip. Without a map or a good sense of direction a person could get lost out here. There are foot tracks in the snow going all directions and in some areas no prints at all. Dont hike this trail alone. Bring a friend. The weather Saturday was awesome and we shot really great video for the upcoming X2 Preview by Cascade Studios. We shot many photographs which will be shown in the stills section. I will post more data in the next day or so. Too tired right now. For now if you have questions you may contact Cascade Studios via email at Cascade_Studios@hotmail.com.
Sounds like spring conditions! cool.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods