Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Mariners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu Jun 14, 2018 10:10 pm 
Absolutely devastated. I thought for sure the Ms would win tonight. Those darn cocky Sox fans with all of their cheering and enthusiasm - why can’t they be quiet until directed otherwise by the scoreboard like real fans?!? It’s just one game, the Ms will surely win the rest! True to the blue!!! Wicked good game!!! King’s Court was rocking!!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 12:27 am 
What a comeback tonight. Now that's how you win with class. up.gif

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 5:46 am 
Tom wrote:
What a comeback tonight.
In the midst of the comback, around the seventh inning, I was thinking that they've done this all year to-date, but if they complete this comeback against a top team like the Red Sox it would be that much more significant. That was a fun game to watch. In fact, both games so far have been fun to watch.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 1:50 pm 
Tom wrote:
What a comeback tonight. Now that's how you win with class. up.gif
I couldn’t possibly agree more. In my opinion the classiest parts of the evening were: 1) The 4 error, 6 run third inning. 2) The last two outs of the game where all of us Ms fans got super vocal. That’s totally how it’s done. Pure class. Great game. Ms fans are the best in baseball. True to the blue! Goodbye baseball!
GaliWalker wrote:
That was a fun game to watch. In fact, both games so far have been fun to watch.
I completely agree. Both nights anything could have happened in the 9th. It’s nice to see the Ms competing; they deserve better fans. The team has resilience. Saw it for the first time last month against the Angels when they refused to quit. I’ve never been able to go to a MLB postseason game; tickets in Boston were too expensive. Hoping that’ll change for me this year.

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 8:13 pm 
This team just keeps winning.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Jun 16, 2018 8:53 pm 
Tom wrote:
This team just keeps winning.
Another great game for my second favorite team! Dee Gordon and LeBlanc were lights out. Shame that the stands had more of those horrible Red Sox fans in them than Mariners fans. But oh well, I'm sure the real fans will start showing up any day now that the disease is going around. And when they do we can all sit there on our hands like it’s a library because that’s the Mariner way!!! Goodbye baseball! True to the blue!

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSun Jun 17, 2018 4:16 pm 
The game isn’t over yet but I figured I’d submit my vote for this afternoon’s classiest moment: 1) Ms fans leaving at the bottom of the 7th 2) Ms fans leaving at the bottom of the 8th. 3) Ms fans leaving at the top of the 9th despite the fact that this was the 7th largest crowd ever in Ms history. You gotta believe. This team has it. True to the blue! In all seriousness, in a 7 game series I see the Sox winning 4 and the M’s winning 3. Mad respect to this years Ms.

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 8:38 am 
Layback wrote:
In all seriousness, in a 7 game series I see the Sox winning 4 and the M’s winning 3.
As things stand now, so do I. By the time the postseason rolls along, and if both teams are still in it, who knows. Honestly, as of now I don't really care if the Red Sox (or Yankees) beat the Mariners or not, as long as the Ms can keep pace with the Astros. Winning the division is key, since the 1-game wildcard playoff is such a lottery.

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
JimK

JimK
PostMon Jun 18, 2018 9:57 am 
Especially this year regarding winning the division. As things now stand, two of the four best record teams in the major leagues would play each other in a one game wildcard playoff.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostMon Jun 25, 2018 12:01 pm 
7 games over the last 2 weeks. Just as we said... Sox took 4. Ms took 3. Hoping that fans can get behind this team and not be silent. If you want to keep good players here they need to feel like this is a destination and there more to the place than a paycheck.

gb

gb
PostMon Jun 25, 2018 1:16 pm 
Layback wrote:
7 games over the last 2 weeks. Just as we said... Sox took 4. Ms took 3. Hoping that fans can get behind this team and not be silent. If you want to keep good players here they need to feel like this is a destination and there more to the place than a paycheck.
I wonder how the Sox would do with Mookie Betts on the DL. Minus Cano and Segura, and with Heredia and Zunino not hitting much, not much of a surprise. Then, too, Paxson who can match Sale and now Gonzalez (who is young) are well down the past 2-3 weeks.

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Jun 25, 2018 2:41 pm 
The only issues I see recently are due to the Mariners facing two powerhouse teams that are very tough to beat. The team has shown me two things in June: they are one of the five best teams in baseball, but not one of the top three.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostMon Jun 25, 2018 5:58 pm 
gb wrote:
I wonder how the Sox would do with Mookie Betts on the DL. Minus Cano and Segura, and with Heredia and Zunino not hitting much, not much of a surprise. Then, too, Paxson who can match Sale and now Gonzalez (who is young) are well down the past 2-3 weeks.
I don’t know, but 2-time World Series champion, former rookie of the year and 2008 MVP, Dustin Pedroia, has been out over a month. 🤷🏼‍♂️ Not having HGH boy around is actually a blessing for the Ms. Dee Gordon is a far better player at a much lower price. He’s who you want to show some love to. Go to the games and cheer.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu Jul 12, 2018 8:55 pm 
Have you guys been watching the Mariners? They’re playing really good ball. 6-4 in the last 10 games is wicked good. Also, my second favorite team, the Boston Red Sox, are 10-0 in their last ten games. Some say they may break our Mariner’s single season record for wins. They’re the best team in baseball with an average of almost 0.700. That’s extra wicked good. The idea of the Sox breaking the record doesn’t make me sad though; I love being a Ms fan because you have the flexibility to be a fan of two teams. And my favorite two team both rule! Goodbye baseball. True to the blue!!!

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Aug 03, 2018 7:02 pm 
Looks like the M’s fell out of a wild card spot today. Is this the beginning of the end? I hope not. The Sox have a commanding lead in the AL East with the Yanks 7.5 games back. I’d really like to see the Sox and M’s square off in the playoffs. Edit: Sox are 8.5 games up. My second favorite team behind the Mariners. Go M’s - now 1.5 games out of the wild card but still... True to the blue!!!!