Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Mariners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
gb

gb
PostMon Dec 01, 2014 6:53 pm 
What's got into the Mariners? What no more budget .220 has been sluggers?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Dec 01, 2014 11:27 pm 
coldrain108 wrote:
One more - a shortstop or first baseman maybe.
Neither - corner outfield if anything. Miller and Taylor are fine at SS for the time being, at least until one or both of them show unequivocally that they do not belong in the majors (Miller remember started looking much better toward the end of last year). 1B is covered by LoMo for now, and while not ideal it's something. The OF is currently manned by Ackley, Jackson and Saunders, and if Saunders gets traded like some pundits suggest may happen, then there's an even bigger hole to fill. OF still needs the most improvement even with the three guys we've got currently.

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Dec 02, 2014 9:27 am 
I tend to agree. Corner outfield first. Ackley may have garnished a spot in left field (until he stops hitting again), but right is kind of a train wreck. I don't think Saunders is the long term answer. He can't seem to stay healthy anyway. Best thing about the Cruz deal is they didn't give up any players. Thus they still have all those players to either keep, or perhaps make another deal.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Dec 02, 2014 9:15 pm 
This is totally the year the Moroners will do something great. I just know it.

tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Feb 05, 2015 11:06 am 
Hmmm.. Seahawks are done... Husky Basketball is a joke... Maybe the Mariners?

tigermn

tigermn
PostTue Apr 07, 2015 1:07 pm 
Yesterday about what I expected/hoped for. Nice that when the middle of the lineup isn't hitting so much others step in and you win anyway. Should be an interesting season especially if the Mariners remain relatively healthy....

gb

gb
PostSat May 02, 2015 7:03 pm 
What Mariners? stuck.gif Nelson Cruz is awesome: puts everything on the line and knows how to do it. Felix the same, maybe the game's best competitor. But it isn't rubbing off. Instead the mediocre play of Mariner home grown so-so players is dragging Cano and others down. Time and again when the going gets tough, down to brass tacks, the Mariners don't do it. Runners in scoring position....uh uh. Opponents on base pitchers can't make the big pitch...they get beat. It is still early but unimpressive except for the two guys mentioned above.

gb

gb
PostSun May 31, 2015 5:37 pm 
Talk about inept. A triple A pitcher comes in to walk in the winning run in the 12th inning. I could have done better. Hitting? Walk Cruz and Morrison and there is nothing to worry about. Upper cut, upper cut, strike out and so it goes. Lot of money for some lousy players.

tigermn

tigermn
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 9:47 am 
gb wrote:
Upper cut, upper cut, strike out and so it goes.
Body blow... body blow.... Even Cruz for as good as he's been swings at a lot of awful looking pitches... and he's the least of their problems... When you have like 5 guys batting under 200 what can you expect. Impossible to get a rally. When your best pinch hitting option is Willie Bloomquits coming in as a pinch hitter batting like .182 for Chris Taylor who is batting .159 you have major issues.... Here is a typical kind of lineup. Austin Jackson .236 Brad Miller .228 Robinson Cano .251 Nelson Cruz .335 Kyle Seager .272 Logan Morrison .240 Mike Zunino .188 Dustin Ackley .188 Chris Taylor .159 Are you kidding me? If you can't bat at least .200 you should be in AAA....

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 2:14 pm 
Baseyball and Weathermen. The only two occupations that get paid really well for being wrong(failing) 80% of the time!

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 3:29 pm 
gb could not have done better, because no one would trust him with something as valuable as a baseball. He couldn't be a minor league bat boy. So no, he could not have done anything at all. If he bought a ticket they might let him watch. Funny, you would think he was paying the players.

gb

gb
PostMon Jun 01, 2015 4:43 pm 
What the h%^$ is a drinky cow anyway? And yes I think I could have done better. Certainly not worse...

tigermn

tigermn
PostWed Jun 03, 2015 9:34 am 
Anybody else done with the Fernando Rodney experience? I'd rather experience my arm being stuck in a meat grinder... Also bring some hitters up from AAA at least. I mean any of them can probably come up and bat .200 which is better than like 7 guys on the current roster. I hear Montero and Gutiérrez aren't doing too bad down there... At least try something different...

gb

gb
PostWed Jun 03, 2015 3:41 pm 
tigermn wrote:
Anybody else done with the Fernando Rodney experience? I'd rather experience my arm being stuck in a meat grinder... Also bring some hitters up from AAA at least. I mean any of them can probably come up and bat .200 which is better than like 7 guys on the current roster. I hear Montero and Gutiérrez aren't doing too bad down there... At least try something different...
That has to be coming. I would imagine management is pretty disappointed with the development of a number of what they hoped would be future stars or at least stalwarts. We will see some trades unless there are major turn arounds. Major leaguers (hitters): Cruz, Smith, Seeger, Cano (not hitting well but what an asset in the field), Jackson (if healthy), Morrison. Miller shows glimpses. The rest no way. And it really seems as though the frustration is wearing off on those that have been reliable. At present not one of them is playing up to their capabilities - or are they?

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Jun 04, 2015 9:01 pm 
Right now, this team is unwatchable. In the past 20 games, they've scored more than four runs a grand total of two times. gag.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani