Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Mariners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
tigermn

tigermn
PostThu Jun 04, 2015 10:25 pm 
GaliWalker wrote:
Right now, this team is unwatchable. In the past 20 games, they've scored more than four runs a grand total of two times. gag.gif
It's like watching a train wreck is the only reason I keep finding myself watching. Tonight for crying out loud. Erasmo fricking Ramírez. He totally sucked as a Mariner, yet the Mariners make him look like Cy frigging Young... At least we didn't have to endure the Fernando Rodney experience...

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
gb

gb
PostFri Jun 05, 2015 10:16 pm 
MY oh MY!

tigermn

tigermn
PostFri Jun 05, 2015 11:24 pm 
I just can't watch anymore... Caught the end on the radio on the way home.. What guy on third one out, bottom of the 9th down 1-0. Well with Zineno and Ackley it was a forgone conclusion they would lose. Hopefully they DFA Ackley after his Saturday (tomorrow) Ackley Express train giveaway...

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostSat Jun 06, 2015 10:45 pm 
But they're gonna win the Whirled Series this year. Honest...

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu Aug 13, 2015 6:17 am 
The Seattle Mariners: (most likely) going nowhere this year, but Hisashi Iwakuma's no-hitter yesterday was the first no-hitter in the American League since Felix Hernandez's perfect game in 2012. In fact, the last three no-hitters by the American League are all by the Mariners. Us Mariners' fans take comfort in the little things. embarassedlaugh.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
gb

gb
PostThu Aug 13, 2015 8:22 am 
It was a terrific game by Iwakuma. I watched the last couple of innings. And there are now just a couple of stumble bums in the offense. Most are playing up to their capacity, Nelson Cruz unbelievably. They are again fun to watch, not always hitting into double plays at key junctures. And then there is the bullpen......and management gets rid of Mark Lowe (with Furbush injured) showing that they don't care or have given up. The players and fans haven't, although getting to the playoffs is very unlikely.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Oct 06, 2015 12:08 pm 
tigermn wrote:
Just with the addition of Cruz now if the Mariners don't make the postseason this year it will be a major disappointment, especially considering they only missed it by one game this year with what they had..... I don't think they are done yet either. Will be interesting to see.
Looks like it didn't work out as some of us may have hoped. Shocking really.

coldrain108
Thundering Herd

coldrain108
Thundering Herd
PostFri Oct 09, 2015 3:37 pm 
Lloyd McClendon is out the door. Not surprising considering how sloppy this team played. Many times it is not the manager's fault, but this time he was right there with the players collecting a blame check. This year's team made so many base running blunders and small detail mistakes that it was obvious (to me anyway) that the coaching was seriously lacking. Seattle teams need Managers and coaches of questionable character if they expect to succeed. Cheatin' Pete and Sweet Lou come to mind. I loved Lou and his tirades, his cigarettes and his willingness to call out players that are not putting in 100%. A long line of "nice" guys since him and look where that has gotten the team. Time for another hot headed, my way or the highway, tell it like it is guy to lead the M's. Please no more yes men or politely passive aggressive Seattle types. 8 year olds might play just for the fun of it (a highly questionable hypothesis), but the pros play 100% to win.

Since I have no expectations of forgiveness, I don't do it in the first place. That loop hole needs to be closed to everyone.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Apr 08, 2016 6:22 am 
Opening day at Safeco today! Go watch Cano hit a homer! party.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
CC
cascade curmudgeon

CC
cascade curmudgeon
PostFri Apr 08, 2016 9:50 am 
GaliWalker wrote:
Opening day at Safeco today! Go watch Cano hit a homer! party.gif
Hey, yinz are livin in Da'Burgh now, don't be a jackoff, root for the Pahrts.

First your legs go, then you lose your reflexes, then you lose your friends. Willy Pep
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostFri Apr 08, 2016 11:35 am 
Well, I do enjoy watching a game in the Pirates' beautiful ballpark, PNC Park. Watching the Mariners on TV has to suffice. Really looking forward to this season, and a team which hopefully has no big holes.

Pyrites

Pyrites
PostTue Apr 12, 2016 5:19 pm 
Day game tomorrow. We're going! Sounder, early lunch at Hole in the Wall.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
Pyrites

Pyrites
PostWed Apr 13, 2016 10:36 pm 
Great game. Left Seattle, had supper, then to Rainiers, before freezing out after seven. Great day.

Keep Calm and Carry On? Heck No. Stay Excited and Get Outside!
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostWed May 04, 2016 6:13 am 
Right now, this team is fun to watch. They may morph into the "same old Mariners" starting tomorrow, but the last few series have been quite enjoyable. I'd forgotten what winning baseball felt like! Great to see an in-form Cano as well. up.gif

GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostThu May 05, 2016 9:12 pm 
In first place by 2.5 games now...a 0.61 winning record...Cano playing like the best player in the league...this is fun! breakdance.gif