Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The Mariners
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Aug 07, 2018 9:38 am 
This thread is very quiet. Where is the enthusiasm for the blue that we saw in June? Don't tell me that people are starting to give up. Good bye baseball!!! Go M's!!! True to the Blue!!!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostTue Aug 07, 2018 9:52 am 
It would be awesome but very unlikely if the M's make the wild card and then beat the Sox...maybe the curse of the Bambino will return? up.gif

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Aug 07, 2018 8:41 pm 
There is exactly a 0.298 chance of that happening at the moment. But it could totally happen! #SoYou’reTellingMeThere’sAChance Goodbye baseball! True the blue! Go Mariners! Yay!

gb

gb
PostTue Aug 07, 2018 9:32 pm 
The only hope is that the return of Cano will spark the team into hitting once again. Oakland is not exactly loaded with stars and is hitting a meager .249 but is scoring almost twice as much as Seattle. Hitting is all mental. That and put Felix on the bench. An automatic loss doesn't help the M's. Who knows, he could come back at some point if he learns to pitch like Moyer or even LaBlanc?

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostFri Aug 10, 2018 12:36 pm 
Looks like King Felix is headed for the bullpen. This will make selling seats in King’s Court rather difficult. I hope this is a positive move for the M's. I doubt there's been a more promising year for the postseason since the early 2000's. Goodbye baseball! Yay!

gb

gb
PostSun Aug 12, 2018 3:33 pm 
They played their best baseball of the season, with great pitching and quite a few hits against the Astro's best in baseball starting pitchers. The hitting in this series shows the psychological nature of hitting. If you believe, you can do it, if you don't well....you won't. With a team on the move, if they continue at least to perform well against the A's, when Cano returns they may easily be hard to beat. A little bit more time will tell.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostSun Aug 12, 2018 3:37 pm 
4 in a row? Plus against arguably the best team in baseball and they shelled one of the best pitchers in the game. Every team has highs and lows and now is the time to "get hot" and hopefully keep the momentum going into the (hopefully) post-season. What's funny is that the M's have a better record than any of the 3 NL division leaders, is the NL really that bad or is it just parity?

Go placidly amid the noise and waste, and remember what comfort there may be in owning a piece thereof.
GaliWalker
Have camera will use

GaliWalker
Have camera will use
PostSun Aug 12, 2018 6:21 pm 
Chief Joseph wrote:
4 in a row?
After the last series against Texas, I was disgusted with how unwatchable this team was, and feared that the Mariners were going to revert back to the "same ole Mariners". These past 4 games came out of nowhere. They're back in it (although still not too watchable)! agree.gif
Quote:
Plus against arguably the best team in baseball and they shelled one of the best pitchers in the game.
They did chase Verlander from the game but not the next three, barely eking out some wins. One big reason they pulled those games out is that the Astros are in a slump, possibly because they are missing a number of key players. Having said that, I'm going to temporarily ignore this glass of cold water and enjoy the moment. cool.gif

'Gali'Walker => 'Mountain-pass' walker bobbi: "...don't you ever forget your camera!" Photography: flickr.com/photos/shahiddurrani
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Aug 14, 2018 7:33 pm 
2.5 games out of the last wild card spot. They can do this!!! And if they can’t, my second favorite team, the Red Sox, has a .711 win percentage en route to >116 wins. #DirtyWater Yay!!! Go M’s!!! True to the blue!!! Goodbye baseball!!!

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Aug 15, 2018 4:21 pm 
I maintain my opinion that Dee Gordon is better for the M’s than Cano. He’s clutch.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostWed Aug 22, 2018 8:26 pm 
The Ms are now 4.5 games out of the wild card. What the heck is going on?!?

jinx'sboy

jinx'sboy
PostWed Aug 22, 2018 10:07 pm 
I think their chances are about over...even for the wildcard. There are about 34 games left in the season. Even if both Houston and Oakland BOTH go 17 and 17 for the rest of the season (and both are playing MUCH better than that) the M’s would have to win 22 of the next 34 just to tie. That is almost .650.... I doubt that will happen given their upcoming opponents.

Chief Joseph

Chief Joseph
PostWed Aug 22, 2018 10:33 pm 
Sadly, they lack at least 3 quality pitchers and Seager hitting better than .225, among other things...looking like another "wait 'till next year", but no matter what, this team has been an improvement, and it's not too late yet.

gb

gb
PostThu Aug 23, 2018 8:03 am 
Chief Joseph wrote:
Sadly, they lack at least 3 quality pitchers and Seager hitting better than .225, among other things...looking like another "wait 'till next year", but no matter what, this team has been an improvement, and it's not too late yet.
But the pitching needs to catch up with the potential they should have to hit. They are getting older. That and the automatic out that Zunino usually is when men are on base. You can pretty much count on a whiff.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostThu Aug 23, 2018 3:43 pm 
jinx'sboy wrote:
M’s would have to win 22 of the next 34 just to tie. That is almost .650....
Maybe it’s time for everyone to root for my second favorite team, the Boston Red Sox. They’re the best team in baseball en route to 117 wins with a > .700 win percentage. Goodbye baseball!!! True to the blue!!! Boomstick baby!!!