Forum Index > Trip Reports > Mt Adams :::: South Slog - South Cascades (06/01-06/02)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist

scot'teryx
Armchair Alpinist
PostTue Jun 04, 2002 12:44 am 
5 mile approach just to hit the Cold Springs trailhead. Made camp at 8000 feet and headed out the next morning at 5am. Made the summit at 12 noon. I myself experienced some altitude sickness, but made the summit nonetheless (even with Diamox). Made a full ski descent from the summit, even though the top down to Pikers peak was horrid wind blown ice that challenged me quite a bit. Once down at Pikers Peak the skiing down to the lunch counter was incredible! Back down at camp I slowly bounced back from the altitude sickness, especially since the skiing took much more effort than glissading. Skiing down back to the car took much effort with a 55lb pack, and the road down to mile 7 of the road was messed up. That road (90405000) barely loses any elevation at all, and with a bad wax job I was hating it. After all was said and done, I still made it back 45 minutes before even our fastest hiker, and 1hr 15 minutes before the slowest. 22 miles total round trip. Full report here

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message