Forum Index > Support & Feedback > Hidden Members
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Spotly

Spotly
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 9:21 pm 
At the bottom of the main forum page is a reference to the number of member logged in. What is a "hidden" member? Why are they hiding paranoid.gif ?

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 9:23 pm 
Because we CAN! But I've got nuthin' to hide. paranoid.gif paranoid.gif paranoid.gif

Spotly

Spotly
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 9:25 pm 
I figured you for one of them agree.gif Actually, I just figured it out. Slow but sure.

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 9:27 pm 
The FBI monitors forums, looking for terrorists. I dont want them to know when I am on. They could even be watching us right now............. rolleyes.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 9:33 pm 
These are the chicken.gif members.

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostWed Apr 21, 2004 10:05 pm 
Actually some of the chicken.gif members were playin' with the feature long ago and left it enabled. I know I check to see who's on every session I'm on. rolleyes.gif

touron

touron
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 7:18 am 
The hidden members is just in case sumthin' happens to the world, and we aren't around to continue. Then they can take over posting and stuff. They have a big supply of gorp and bottled water and have a keen set of survival skills. They are our heroes.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 8:28 am 
touron wrote:
The hidden members is just in case sumthin' happens to the world, and we aren't around to continue. Then they can take over posting and stuff.
What a great plan! Um, can we change their name from hidden members (which sounds sort of like what happened to Ashcroft's nekkid statues) to shadow government co-conspirators?

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 10:32 am 
A nice feature of being an admin is I can see who the hidden members are. biggrin.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 11:16 am 
Quote:
They have a big supply of gorp and bottled water and have a keen set of survival skills. They are our heroes.
You got it. I aint the only one with there windows still covered in plastic with duct tape around the side am I...................? paranoid.gif

jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 1:35 pm 
Quote:
You got it. I aint the only one with there windows still covered in plastic with duct tape around the side am I...................?
You've got your aluminum foil detector beanie on too, right? wink.gif Some of us are just too computer stupid to realise that the hidden member thing was a choice on the registration screen. doh.gif

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 2:52 pm 
Kleet wrote:
touron wrote:
The hidden members is just in case sumthin' happens to the world, and we aren't around to continue. Then they can take over posting and stuff.
What a great plan! Um, can we change their name from hidden members (which sounds sort of like what happened to Ashcroft's nekkid statues) to shadow government co-conspirators?
I was kinda hopin' we could keep politics out of it. shakehead.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 2:55 pm 
jenjen wrote:
Some of us are just too computer stupid to realise that the hidden member thing was a choice on the registration screen. doh.gif
Everyone does realize as soon as you registered you basically gave up all rights and possibly citizenship too. Hidden members were saavy to this. I'd be very concerned if I were you!

touron

touron
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 7:02 pm 
I'd be very cautious about taking advice from people claiming to know all the hidden members. No one knows who they are. So if someone says they know them, then they are probably a charlatan and are more likely trying to weedle secret lake information out of you or find out where the golden trout are biting or get your Phad Tai recipe. I have hiked with them, but never seen them. How do I know? Sometimes it's just a broken pine needle, or maybe one facing north when the wind is blowing east, or a missing pebble in a stream bed. I've heard wild claims about them. Supposedly they can start a fire merely with the lint from their navel. What a fire starter kit! They how to whistle up mosquitoes to bring them water and place the drop right on their tongue. Sounds like a long time for a drink, but there are more mosquitoes than most people think out there. Once I was deep in the ALW and I heard this chainsaw, only I knew it was really the mosquitoes fetching water for a hidden one. Plus, there were no mosquitoes where I was, so I knew what they were up to. They know how to make shelters out of skunk cabbage that would make Bill Gates mansion look like your neighbor's dilapidated carport. They can navigate by the stars even when it's cloudy. They use their own shadow as a sundial. One word--resourceful.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostThu Apr 22, 2004 7:54 pm 
touron wrote:
... or get your Phad Tai recipe. .
I wouldn't take any words of wisdom from someone who mentions that- It's SO last-decade. shakehead.gif