Forum Index > Trip Reports > Cape Alava/Sand Point/Rialto Beach/Bogachiel River/2nd Beach
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Larry

Larry
PostWed Apr 28, 2004 9:47 pm 
Simply superb report. I can't say more. Alan said it for me.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostWed Apr 28, 2004 10:05 pm 
Thanks Larry. I'm sure you have been to these places dozens of times---it was great to finally get out there myself. With so many other areas I saw as I drove around I can already state this will be an annual romp every March/April for me for many years. A few more images now that I finally found my ducks to share smile.gif

Trevor

Trevor
PostWed Apr 28, 2004 10:22 pm 
Excellent report. The quality of your images continue to encourage me. up.gif

wayupthere

wayupthere
PostWed Apr 28, 2004 11:02 pm 
awesome pictures. inspires me to take more. such a beautiful strech of coastline!!

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostThu Apr 29, 2004 5:17 am 
Thanks Alan for sharing. Again, nice photos. Newt

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Apr 29, 2004 5:18 am 
Great shots as usual AB. Nice report too. TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Duncan

Duncan
PostThu Apr 29, 2004 7:17 am 
Thanks for the report Alan. It's nice to hear a first timers report for a place I love so much and where I have spent so much time. As much as I love the mountains, I think the coast is still my favorite. Great Pics!

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostThu Apr 29, 2004 3:33 pm 
Great report and pics per usual Alan. Even some cloudy weather doesn't damper your enthusiasm! Actually, it makes for good 'reflective' images such as those that you captured and of course flower shots can benefit from some shade. Ya done good once again sir. agree.gif

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostThu Apr 29, 2004 10:37 pm 
Alan, I'll just add my appreciation of your fine TR and pics to the rest of the ones who've commented before me. up.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostThu Apr 29, 2004 11:53 pm 
Excellent pics as always. One thing that always impresses me is when skilled photographers such as yourself are able to take a scene with subject matter that I'm familiar with and capture it with a different perspective and thereby a nicer composition as well as with the technical skills to get the gorgeous colors that you have here. Your first two pictures of the sea stack formations reminded me of similar ones that I took not even a month ago with those same rocks and some of the foreground that you captured but without anything close to the same results. I had the two rocks in the first pic too close so that they were overlapping, besides the fact that they are cropped on the side, and thus don't get the 3D effect that you have with one more in the foreground and space between them to create depth. In the second one I didn't get anything close to the colors that you got:
Someday perhaps I can get a few that turn out so well as yours or that of the other skilled nature photographers. Gives me something to shoot for I guess. agree.gif