Forum Index > Trip Reports > Umtanum Ridge 5.3.04
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostTue May 04, 2004 7:06 pm 
Oh crap. Not another cactus photo. I'm getting way too jealous. Time for a hookie day I guess. Nice photos M&S Newt

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostTue May 04, 2004 7:26 pm 
I covet your camera. agree.gif Those cactus photos are just amazing. However, it's your photos of the barren ridges that really turn me on. I've know for years that going to Umtanum would be sensible at this time of year. You've convinced me that it would be (my idea of) fun. dizzy.gif David

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue May 04, 2004 9:00 pm 
You guys are too kind, keep it coming! winksmile.gif Those cactus are cute little buggers that would take about a billion to fill a Saguaro but ya take what you can get in these them parts. The funny thing about my camera is it's a 4 yr. old 1.3MP but it works fine for the web. Scrooge, I really enjoy the "naked" landscape like the convoluted landscape of Umtanum- it's such a counterpoint to the forested jagged mountains elsewhere.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue May 04, 2004 9:34 pm 
I went to Sedge Ridge this wkend - near the rez, and I drove them hills too. I've always thought the folds in the hills of central Washington and the shadows they cast among each other are quite sensual and erotic. I want to go back to Sedge after the snow melts at the top - I was suprised how much was up there. It'll probably be another 2 or 3 weeks! It's an amazing topography, and even a better aura - it's easy to fall in love with.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Alan Bauer

Alan Bauer
PostTue May 04, 2004 9:43 pm 
Ahhh...the winds of change---not in all my years of enjoying the east side areas just as much as the mountains have I seen the sudden appreciation of so many people to open their minds and begin to enjoy more than areas of alpine meadows, lakes, and big trees! You all have made my day--keep up the great discovery over there! Scrooge; M&S---you are doing great jobs in capturing the regions on film to remember your trips too! Too bad I was fighting off monster ticks and border crossing people instead of doing what I know was the right thing: enjoy the flowers you all are seeing. I'll pay for this, I just know it! smile.gif ps. the flowers in the Quilomene/Whiskey Dick area should be peaking around now as well. Neat areas of big-headed clover up there as well as owl clover and uncommon species of lupines up.gif

MooseAndSquirrel

MooseAndSquirrel
PostTue May 04, 2004 9:59 pm 
Man, I'm turned on for erotic, sensual and uncommon lupines and folded thrusting landforms. Excuse me, I gotta take a cold shower pronto. hihi.gif

Kidneykenneth Toweltoast

Kidneykenneth Toweltoast
PostThu May 06, 2004 12:18 am 
I never realize cacti be so prickly in these parts. KT

I want to know what love is. I want you to show me.