Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Post hike music
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Jul 18, 2006 7:48 pm 
Luna, Days of Our Nights, and Bewitched. Good sing-along music (well except that one line in that song on Days)

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
touron

touron
PostTue Jul 18, 2006 8:04 pm 
I have been listening to Feijoada. While not my favorite of this series, it is still good. Check out this clip. My favorite of the series is still Home of Samba. up.gif up.gif up.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Jul 20, 2006 11:32 am 
I'm leaving Saturday morning at about 3 PM to be in Twisp early in order to beat the heat. An early morning drive time requires something nice to listen to; I found a Dwight Yoakam acoustics CD (dwightyoakamacoustic.net). Even his Guitars, Cadillacs song is acoustic. Nice!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostSat Aug 05, 2006 9:08 pm 
Watchingand listing tn 5.1 tp "Neil Young Heart of Gold " video , one really great mellow vibe. cool.gif

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Aug 06, 2006 9:04 pm 
Listened to Eartha Kitt's Miss Kitt, to You this evening. Good sing-along music to keep you alert & interested. And not offensive to passengers (like my Best of Eddie Arnold is).

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostMon Aug 07, 2006 10:42 am 
Quark wrote:
not offensive to passengers (like my Best of Eddie Arnold is).
Are you kidding me? "Cattle Call' is a great sing-along, especially the yodelling part!

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Aug 07, 2006 10:50 am 
polecatjoe wrote:
Quark wrote:
not offensive to passengers (like my Best of Eddie Arnold is).
Are you kidding me? "Cattle Call' is a great sing-along, especially the yodelling part!
I know that and you know that, but the unwashed masses don't know that. On the way to the trailhead Friday, I had my R&B Hits of 1947 playing. "Open the Door Richard" was one that stuck in my freinds head, and once at camp, every time she went in and out of her tent, she'd sing out, open the door Richard! . It was funny the first few times, but after that I sorta wished I had brought more scotch to knock her out a bit earlier each evening.