Forum Index > Trip Reports > PCT - Hwy 12 and Northward
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Elvis
Shuffl'n

Elvis
Shuffl'n
PostMon Jul 12, 2004 9:20 am 
My first 'trail report'... just because I was there (and survived many miles)... My buddy and I hiked on the PCT northward from Hwy 12 to shortly after the intersection with the Cowlitz Trail. The trail was in good condition and well marked. The weather was 'decent'... some sun, some sprinkles, mostly overcast with periodic chilly winds. We enjoyed the numerous lakes and meadows - although the wildflowers were still far from blooming. We encountered one set of returning hikers and two groups with horses. Our wildlife encounters amounted to a white colored, friendly bird who followed us for a ways, some chipmunks, a duck and a couple of frogs... that's about it. No bears, elk or deer... though we might be lucky and catch something grazing in the meadows... but not this time. As far as elevation gain, this was much more flat than most of my other hikes - allowing us to go a lot longer distance. Not much else to add... we expected a few more scenic vistas than we actually received but regardless, it was a great, quiet, long day on the trail. >>Edit: adding a pic from flickr:
PCT Hike Hwy 12 northward
PCT Hike Hwy 12 northward
One of the many lakes on PCT
One of the many lakes on PCT
Trail & Serene Trees - past Pike Lake on PCT
Trail & Serene Trees - past Pike Lake on PCT

"Ill habits gather unseen degrees, as brooks make rivers, rivers run to seas." ~John Dryden My Trip List
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message