Forum Index > Gear Talk > Topo! Maps
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch

Sundance Kid
Hiking the Wasatch
PostFri Jun 14, 2002 10:01 pm 
Can anyone give me some advice on finding the Topo! Washington software package at a decent price? (i.e. under $75) I love the output, but I don't want to pay $100 for it. Also, here's something cool. I was at the map collection today in the Harold B. Lee Library at Brigham Young University where I go to school. I had been eyeing a big stack of maps that they hadn't filed for a long time. Turns out they're all 7.5 minute quads, and none in order. They've been "withdrawn" from the BYU map collection. They still haven't decided what to do with them. I was talking to the girl that works there, and she told me that people have been known to strike up a deal with Mr. Grapes, the man in charge, where they could mention a few quads that they needed, and he would let them take them, free of charge. There are three stacks, and they are two feet high. We are talking thousands of maps that they are "trying" to decide what to do with. I thumbed through a few of them, and they are from all over the country. I saw quite a few from Washington, including ones up in the San Juans. There are also a ton from Utah (go figure). Anyone got any good ideas on what I could tell Mr. Grapes to make the most out of this situation (i.e. take home the most maps possible without making it look like I'm robbing the place agree.gif )?

Just where is it I can find beaver, bear, and other critters that are worth cash money when skint?
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message