Forum Index > Trip Reports > Delta Lake 6/15
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostSun Jun 16, 2002 6:44 pm 
I have made a pact with my hiking partner this weekend to only diclose the facts of this trip that are pertinient and necessary, in order to protect the guilty. The turnoff for Delta Lake, from the main trail, is at 2340 feet elevation, and there is a blue flag on the trail just past this point. The log crossing for the Copper Lake outfall/W Fork Foss is at 2220 feet elevation, and if you are right next to the confluence you cannot miss it. At present there is one double flag, a single flag, a cairn, and an immense OG tree there by the log. Across the river two more flags are visible. If you have wandered away from the river a bit in heading down to the crossing, it would be easy to miss it. There are flags way past the turnoff, and if anyone gets down that way, they should remove them. We all know this, but lemme say that Green Trails Maps SUCK, and are wildly inaccurate. rant.gif There will be a post up over on the WTA board about Copper Lake soon, which may or may not have been visited by me this weekend. rolleyes.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message