Forum Index > Trail Talk > Private Mailboxes on WTA?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
MounTAIN Woman

MounTAIN Woman
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 8:05 am 
I just read the thread that has been evolving around Stefan's request for information on the whereabouts of meganerd of WTA. I had earlier wanted to get ahold of WTA Marmotman. I had no luck, and not even a response here! Currently, there is no link to this site that I have been able to find on the WTA website. With Trail Talk, we could at least get in touch with other frequent users and posters to the WTA website if they checked it. Without any links or messaging, all we have is the hope that the people we want to get in touch with know about this site, and keep up with it. I am wondering how difficult it would be to add the feature of private messaging to the WTA website. People would register with the WTA website just like they do here, and then there would be the ability to send an individual a private message right from the WTA website. I don't think that duplicating a message board would be necessary, but there should be a simple way to contact the people who post trip reports if you have questions, information, etc.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote View IP address of poster
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 2:01 pm 
Judging by how reluctant some folks are to register here (not to mention login before posting if they are registered, eh polarbear rolleyes.gif), I'd think a private messaging system would less than effective at the WTA. At least there are other incentives to login here and thus check your messages (i.e. ability to track read/unread posts, ability to edit posts, ability to email and/or private message other members, etc.). FYI, the WTA does link to us in their Links section under Northwest Organizations.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message