Forum Index > Trail Talk > So where did you go this weekend?
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 10:51 am 
On Saturday I battled some of the most intense brush I've ever encountered. After advancing only a yard or two in the first hour I decided two 32 oz containers of brush b' gon from Home Depot would be a more permanent solution for my back yard wink.gif and saved the rest of my energy for some true bushwhacking on Sunday. This one shouldn't be too hard to guess... [edit] picture links moved to Scrooge's trip report [/edit]

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message

PostMon Jun 24, 2002 11:50 am 
I was generating revenue for YOUR government. mad.gif mad.gif

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 12:35 pm 
I went and climbed North Hozomeen on Fri/Sat. Nice day and views! Then I went and climbed the Dirtyface proper summits on Sunday!

Art is an adventure.

PostMon Jun 24, 2002 12:36 pm 
Well Tom, you asked what we did this weekend and I responsed truthfully. biggrin.gif But I also had a great day on little Alta Mt. Met a good guy down in the valley who had become discouraged with the snowy route and had decided to bag it. I talked him in to joining me and we figured the route out. Shortly after I hooked up with him we ran into a very attractive young woman who had given up. She told me I'd need a map and compass to continue. (Ya think) I didn't envite her and two enourmous dogs (one a Rot) along. redface.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 1:23 pm 
Oh no, not another Delta Lake trip. biggrin.gif We had a fun day yesterday on South Ingalls Peak and Fortune Mountain.

Otter

Otter
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 2:21 pm 
My husband and I had a nice day hike up in the Carbon River area of Mt. Rainier N.P. on Sunday. We hiked up to Green Lake and ranger Cr. Falls. A very beautiful hike...took plenty of pics and will post a report when I get the pics back...have to finish a role first. We also went up to Ipsut Cr. campground and did the short stroll to Ipsut Falls. That evening after having a nice dinner we decided to try to get a quick climb in at Spire Rock...boy did that turn out to be a mess... although a learning experience! rolleyes.gif

MtnGoat

MtnGoat
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 2:34 pm 
are those pics from your last trip or pics from Sunday?

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock. - Will Rogers
MCaver
Founder

MCaver
Founder
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 2:55 pm 
Otter, how is Ranger Falls looking this year? Last year it was heavily littered with debris from slides. It's a beautiful waterfall and I've love for it to clear out enough to get some decent photos.

Otter

Otter
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 3:03 pm 
Ranger falls was quite lovely.. there is still some debree... but the water flow was pretty heavy. I think I got some good shots... I might have some obnoxious branches in the photos though..we'll see how I did with the focusing. It sounds like there are some killer falls on the far side of Green Lake coming down out of that ravine behind it. Might be worth a looksy...but the Devil's Club! OUCH!

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 3:26 pm 
Sounds like I missed a great trip. When did you DELTA guys get home? Looks like the snow conditions are good too. Do you have a pic from around the bend lookihng at the inlet form Otter? TB

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 3:42 pm 
Yep, all pics are from Sunday. BPJ, we could not get around the inlet coming down from Otter (and decided to turn around). I suppose we could have taken a picture from the lake but we were counting on someone else to bring the lightweight water transportation suuure.gif. We got back to the trailhead by 8PM.

Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 4:03 pm 
i stayed home sick all day sunday, as some people aready know. i did resently hike into Trout Lake, i thought the little pond right before the lake was quite the nice spot. Ice Girl
Little pond right after rock slide.
Little pond right after rock slide.

Mike Collins

Mike Collins
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 5:01 pm 
Geology Class
Last weekend I took a three day field seminar on Geology of the North Cascades offered by the North Cascades Institute. It was taught by Scott Babcock PhD from WWU. It was fascinating to learn about the dynamics of this area. This organization is a jewel for outdoor education in Washington.

Newt
Short Timer

Newt
Short Timer
PostMon Jun 24, 2002 7:27 pm 
Newbie revisited the Mineral City area after 35 yr. NN smile.gif

It's pretty safe to say that if we take all of man kinds accumulated knowledge, we still don't know everything. So, I hope you understand why I don't believe you know everything. But then again, maybe you do.
McPilchuck
Wild Bagger

McPilchuck
Wild Bagger
PostTue Jun 25, 2002 10:38 am 
up near Morning Star Peak & Del Campo, then circumvented Headlee Pass area near Sperry Peak...all near Berlow Pass region. Spectacular Peaks! Did some excerising on Mt. Higgins yesterday on Monday evening.

in the granite high-wild alpine land . . . www.alpinequest.com