Forum Index > Trip Reports > Greenridge Fire Lookout
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
salish

salish
PostMon Jul 01, 2002 8:31 pm 
This is not a hike-to fire lookout, but it was so cool I wanted to mention it anyway. We rented the Greenridge Fire Lookout from the USFS in Sisters, OR., this past weekend. This is my second time there. It sits 500' above the Metolius River, and has a panoramic view of Mt. Adams to the north, Mt. Hood, Mt. Jefferson, Three Fingered Jack, Mt. Washington, and all three Sisters to the south. The cost is $20 per night and it sleeps up to 5 or 6. It has propane stove/oven, lighting, heater & fridge. It's a 14'x14' structure with a catwalk all the way around it. The views are stunning and there are lots of hikes and mountain biking in the area, and if you like to fly fish, the Metolius is one of the best trout streams around. Unfortunately, the lookout becomes a real lookout from July 1st until lake October, so it's unavailable for the remainder of the season. You can rent it after that time though and cross country ski to it. If anyone wants more details please drop me a line. Cliff
Pics of fire lookout
Pics of fire lookout

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be. Also, my short-term memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message