Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Get out on the Farm
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
blue_tuberosa
Uber Geek

blue_tuberosa
Uber Geek
PostSat Oct 02, 2004 8:41 am 
Hey all- If you're not hiking today... you might consider going and checking out some of our local farms. Especially if you have kids. Today is King County's Harvest Celebration Farm Tour and a bunch of local small farms have opened their doors to the public. There is an East King Couty loop (the biggest), and another loop in the southern part of the county and one out on Vashon. It's fun... think Hayrides, farm animals, cider, pumpkins and lots of fresh veggies, etc. Jubilee Farm in carnation is known for having a pumpkin catapult. I'll be out working on the farms all day. I'll be hanging out at Fall City farm from 1 -4. Hope to see some of you. I hope this isn't considered spam.... For more info check out the website http://www.metrokc.gov/dchs/csd/wsu-ce/farmtour/

Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done. - Justice Louis Brandeis
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Kat
Turtle Hiker

Kat
Turtle Hiker
PostSun Oct 03, 2004 5:54 pm 
While I didn't make the tour yesterday, courtesy of pressure washing the roof (!) I will give a big plug for Fall City Farms. These guys are great, this time of the year it is a lot of fun for the kids with hay rides on a tractor, pumpkin picking in the field etc. Not to mention they still have GREAT fresh corn picked daily, a ton of cool squash, awesome hardneck garlic, and gourmet potatoes (fingerlings, blue, you get the drift.) All kinds of apples... I must try making pink applesauce again. Oh, did I forget the awesome dark honey? Take a trip out there - you will love it. I stopped off this afternoon after a quick bop up Bandera. But then, I am there almost every weekend smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message