Forum Index > Trail Talk > Copper Lake Adventure
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Ice Girl

Ice Girl
PostFri Jul 19, 2002 9:59 am 
The plan is to find boats, and (rent) or find electric motors, to cross Spada Lake, and continue up Williamson Creek as far as possible in boats. We plan to leave on Friday night, stash the boats along the river. Then continue up Williamson Creek via the old road that went in there, through the brush that probably has grown up. As far as we can with what light we have, and make a base camp. From there we will travel up to Copper Lake on Saturday and back to base camp. Sunday will be the day to travel maybe up to the mines or any where else someone might be interested in going. Then meeting back at base camp in the afternoon. Going back out to the boats and then home. If anyone is interested in this trip, please email me and let me know. There are several things we need to find in order to make this work. Hope this will be an adventure to remember… Ice Girl

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Scrooge
Famous Grouse

Scrooge
Famous Grouse
PostFri Jul 19, 2002 4:28 pm 
permits?
One problem bigger than finding boats may be the prohibition against overnight stays in Sultan Basin. The Snohomish PUD used to make exceptions for camping at Greider Lakes and Boulder Lake, but whether or not they're even permitting camping there this year I don't know. I do know that the area is heavily patrolled and the fines stiff for violations. I see a serious risk in leaving cars at the south shore boat ramp overnight. Probably some risk trying a covert overnight, even way up at the head of Williamson Creek, and even if the cars are removed from the basin overnight. The safest thing would be to get some kind of official exception made for the adventure/expedition/social. I doubt if there's any standard provision for this in Snohomish County regs, so probably somebody needs to know "somebody". ...... Anybody? Failing such a permit, I suspect you'ld be better off planning some kind of dawn to dusk marathon. It ought to be possible to do either Copper Lake or the 45 Mine in one 12 to 15 hour trip, including time afloat.

Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you....... Go and find it. Go!
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message