Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Fully employed again
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 12:04 am 
Doggone it, I fooled around and done got me a job. It's in one o' them fancy buildings downtown and all. There's a pianner in the lobby, and today a real guy was playing it, and he warn't just a hack, neither. So anyway, I can only play on the internet at lunch, so I have only one hour to flame you people during the day. I realize that doesn't sound very appealing, but look on the bright side: I get all morning to save up, and come lunchtime - zip, Zip, Bang! ka-POWIE! Right between the eyes! It'll be short, but oh, so sweet!

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 1:30 am 
Must be something in the air, I got a job this week too. Yay for us. Alas, it is at a less glamorous stripmall in Redmond with cheezy soft rock playing over speakers rather than a real life piano guy. But hey, when you got two starbucks within spitting distance of the break room (literally), a Pizza Hut and a Canyons on the flanks, one is not allowed to complain. hockeygrin.gif

hopalong
Tree Climber

hopalong
Tree Climber
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 2:14 am 
Quark wrote:
There's a pianner in the lobby, and today a real guy was playing it, and he warn't just a hack, neither.
Do you work at Union or Rainier square?

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 7:47 am 
Quark wrote:
So anyway, I can only play on the internet at lunch, so I have only one hour to flame you people during the day.
YES! There is a God!!

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger

jimmymac
Zip Lock Bagger
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 8:25 am 
Congrats! We don't have a guy on a piano here, but some mornings we have two or three sleeping on the lawn. Good luck and a warm beer to ya.

"Profound serenity is the product of unfaltering Trust and heightened vulnerability."
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 8:38 am 
Congrats Quarky baby. Now we have something else to celebrate at the next GTG. TB winksmile.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 9:02 am 
hopalong wrote:
Quark wrote:
There's a pianner in the lobby, and today a real guy was playing it, and he warn't just a hack, neither.
Do you work at Union or Rainier square?
Onion Square. When Rainier Tower tips over, my building'll catch it so it won't fall down. I really get a bang outta that building, Rainier Tower. The guy what designed it is the same guy what designed World Trade Ctr, n'est ce pas? More downtown news: the acid-head that designs Nordtrom's window display is working under wraps this week. The windows are all papered up, and she's working, working...spinning her web of insanity. I can't wait for the unveiling of the Christmas fantasy display. Christmas fantasy, my ass. That fantasy is acid-induced. Not that there's anything wrong with that. Also: The long tail of Teatro Zinzanni's third flag is stuck on something that's attached to the building's roof and can't wave freely in the wind. That bugs me. It's exactly like the feeling you know, when you re-tie one bootlace, you feel obligated to re-tie the other one even if you don't have to. That's the kind of bugging feeling I get when I look at a flag whose tail is stuck on something. And last but not least in downtown news: Louis Vuitton's giant window ads are due for a change soon. Can't wait to see what kind of sicko glitzy stuff they plaster all over thier windows. This current one sports a Stepford Wife making love to her handbag, and what looks to me like a 12 year old boy in a seductive pose. Oh, and by the way, Kleet - bite me.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Jeepasaurusrex

Jeepasaurusrex
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 11:03 am 
Heh, I need to find me a job. This staying at home, cleaning the house, playing MR. Mom crap isnt cutting it! Anyone need a good welder/fabricator? toothless.gif

"I would like to see things from your point of view, but I cannot get my head that far up my butt"
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 11:06 am 
CONGRATULATIONS! Except for the only getting one hour to play online part. That part sucks.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 11:51 am 
job's parttime for now, so I can still fool around til the end of the year when I go full-time, 'cause I don't even have to show up til later in the day.

Spotly

Spotly
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 6:49 pm 
Sore Feet wrote:
Must be something in the air, I got a job this week too. Yay for us...
CONGRATS ALL AROUND! Me too! Well, last week actually. I got laid off a few months ago and have been fortunate enough to have back-to-back contract work to keep me busy (and fed) since then. Last week, I got a very coveted programming job with an established company here in Spokane. The economy on this side sucks so I'm so glad this worked out. We were not looking forward to uprooting the kids and besides, there's still too many trails to explore here smile.gif

Smokey

Smokey
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 7:55 pm 
Quark wrote:
Doggone it, I fooled around and done got me a job.
Ah, this is the start of the slippery slope that leads to accumulating wealth and a bunch of stuff. Then a house to keep your stuff and a lawnmower. Worrying about your 401K. Not calling in sick 'cause you've got something that really needs done at work and you don't trust anyone but yourself to do it. Evaluations, where you sit there and let someone tell you what kind of person you are. . . and then sign a form agreeing with them. That does it, I quit!

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 8:04 pm 
I'm with you Smokey. I'm feeling so burnt out, I'm tempted to leave my position. (Guess that'd be part of the cosmic balance, wuddn't it? My buddies get jobs, so naturally, I part with mine.)

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 8:09 pm 
To quote John Prine: Blow up your tv throw away your paper got out to the country build you a home plant a little garden eat a lot of peaches It really ain't such a bad life....

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Smokey

Smokey
PostThu Nov 18, 2004 8:25 pm 
John Prine is the greatest unknown songwriter ever to strum a guitar. He was a mailman. He quit that job and did something fun. Saw him once with Steve Goodman as his opening act. Then the two of 'em got together later in the show. GREAT. Dayhike Mike, I used to quit my job all the time and do fun things. Then I got responsible. Don't remember a damn thing about the responsible times but I can relive thousands of memories from the fun times. Course there's always that $$ problem.