Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Hamm's, the beer refreshing
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 5:12 pm 
Got the song going through your head yet? The guy who wrote it died last week. link From the land of sky blue waters (waters) From the land of pines, lofty balsam Comes the beer refreshing Hamm's, the beer refreshing Hamm's

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 5:22 pm 
Dosen't the post belong in the Brown Bear thread? Hamms Bear? drink.gif Here's to Ernie Garven too bad he didn't.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 5:33 pm 
frown.gif Thats my favorite beer, and a damn good jingle. If commie Washington sold more hamms, I would goto the store and drink one for him bawl.gif

PostTue Nov 16, 2004 9:45 pm 
Loggerman wrote:
frown.gif Thats my favorite beer, and a damn good jingle. If commie Washington sold more hamms, I would goto the store and drink one for him bawl.gif
This is a nice little thread about something many of us boomers and post boomers have fond memories about. Is that comment really necessary? You HAD to love the bear! agree.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 9:53 pm 
Quote:
Is that comment really necessary?
I goto Oregon, no problem. I can swim in it. I come to Washington, no hamms.....Its dry...Yep, maybe I will shame Washington into keeping a better stock. I use the word commie alot, dont get yourself in a fluster.

PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:08 pm 
Loggerman wrote:
I use the word commie alot, dont get yourself in a fluster.
Maybe you should know by now that calling ANYONE a commie, that is a US citizen, is not going to be taken lightly. Now be the good man that you are and admit that it was wrong. FWIW, I used to run Coors from Idaho in the '70s becasue we couldn't get it here. You know what? No one called WA commie, because of it.

Accraholic

Accraholic
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:19 pm 
Prince...you've the sensitivity of a Princess tonight... Loggerman, SURELY you know that in WA, as well as AK, the "Hamms" replacement is "vitamin R".......The tthree things they have in common are price, you've got to be thirsty, and they have to be about 31*F...

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:22 pm 
No I wont, thats the way I talk, its all in a joking manner. If you dont like it, theres the ignore button. You aint going to make this boy perfect anytime soon. So, dont bother wearing off your paint on your keys trying to do so.

PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:30 pm 
Accraholic wrote:
Prince...you've the sensitivity of a Princess tonight...
Looks like you must be sweet on loggerboy coming to his rescue like that. lol.gif He needs your help. up.gif

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:30 pm 
Quote:
Loggerman, SURELY you know that in WA, as well as AK, the "Hamms" replacement is "vitamin R".......The tthree things they have in common are price, you've got to be thirsty, and they have to be about 31*F...
dizzy.gif I lived in one place all my life before moving up here. So the first time I shipped out and stationed in Idaho for fire season, I came to quite the shock when none of the stores had Hamms. eek.gif I wasnt liking the idea of being gone from home for 3 months without my beer.(Good or Bad, its just what I like) So coming back from a fire to our house we rented in Pokey we stopped by a safeway. There it was, a gleaming(I swear it was even glowing) stack of hamms short cases. With shopping cart in hand I loaded it up, then away we went. Made it clear that no one in the house was to drink from my newly gained bounty. Now though, I drink any "average" beer, since no beer every seems to be the same *Violin music begins to play*

PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:31 pm 
Loggerman wrote:
No I wont, thats the way I talk, its all in a joking manner. If you dont like it, theres the ignore button. You aint going to make this boy perfect anytime soon. So, dont bother wearing off your paint on your keys trying to do so.
Ok, commie! up.gif Nice bunch of posts, ya commie! lol.gif

PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:33 pm 
What town is Pokey?

polarbear

polarbear
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:34 pm 
Time for the beer companies to start bringing back good beer jingles. May favorite was the Olympia one: Oly Oly-O Oly Oly-O Oly Oly-O Oly Oly-O It's the water-o That makes Olympia It's the water, and alot more! (to the sound of a glass being filled)

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User

Lagerman
UnAdvanced User
PostTue Nov 16, 2004 10:36 pm 
Prince Kuhio wrote:
What town is Pokey?
Pocatello (Spelled right now)

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostWed Nov 17, 2004 7:55 am 
Loggerman wrote:
I came to quite the shock when none of the stores had Hamms.
What was wrong with drinking Animal Beer, Busch, Milwaukee's Best or Pabst Blue Ribbon? They all come out of the same tap as Hamms. Signs You Bought Crappy Beer 7. TV Ads Begin "From the sparkling waters of Lake Erie. . ." 6. For some reason, it's sold in the detergent aisle 5. Instead of a wagon pulled by Clydesdales, beer company has a wheelbarrow pushed by a doped-up monkey 4. The company isn't running any sort of sweepstakes, but the underside of the bottle caps all say "Sorry" 3. Tastes more like a mountain goat than a mountain stream 2. Your girlfriend announces she's leaving you for Robert Blake 1. When you crack one open on a fishing trip and say, "It doesn't get any better than this," your buddies kill themselves

A fuxk, why do I not give one?