Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Hamm's, the beer refreshing
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
mgd

mgd
PostMon Oct 06, 2014 5:08 pm 
A Coors jingle Like a mountain morning sunrise rising slowly through the trees Like and eagle when it spreads its wings across the blue sky breeze Let all that's big and bold and free come taste the great outdoors Make it Coors make it yours drink.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostMon Oct 06, 2014 5:20 pm 
If youve never tried it, you should. Dick Danger ale. From south of Olympia. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/dicks-danger-ale/5358/

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Malachai Constant

Malachai Constant
PostMon Oct 06, 2014 5:36 pm 
Curs is the most watery piss there is I prefer Bud Light and that is a very low bar.

"You do not laugh when you look at the mountains, or when you look at the sea." Lafcadio Hearn
mgd

mgd
PostMon Oct 06, 2014 5:45 pm 
No comment on the beer quality, but it was a good jingle. lol.gif A few days ago I was drinking a microbrew with an acquaintance, and we started discussing beers. And how and it wasn't to long ago that the beer wars occurred, Bud, the self proclaimed King of Beers vs. Miller and Coors. Then it was the light beers, "tastes great less filling". One wonders if we had continued down that road what life would be like today. There would probably only be one brand left and it would be a lite beer. Thank goodness the microbrews came to the rescue, digging in an ice axe before we slid into the abyss, right in the nick of time. drink.gif

touron

touron
PostSun Dec 21, 2014 12:38 pm 
I heard this blast from the past commercial on the radio the other day, sung by Arthur Prysock, the jingle derived from one of his songs.

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
JonnyQuest

JonnyQuest
PostSun Dec 21, 2014 1:31 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
If youve never tried it, you should. Dick Danger ale. From south of Olympia.
Yep, big fan! It all started years ago at the Big Bottom in Randle. We were asking the waitress what they had on tap. She recited the list of usual suspects, and then finished by mentioning "Dick's". Never having heard of Dick's beer, we asked her what it was like. She said she didn't know, but that we should "ask that guy at the bar". "Oh, does he drink Dick's?" we asked... To which she replies "I hope so, because that's Dick "!

contour5

contour5
PostSun Dec 21, 2014 3:23 pm 
Original link is gone- here's the jingle:
My connection with Hamms was in the early 80s when the SF brewery got converted into a squatter encampment/concert venue/art studio...

Chico

Chico
PostSun Dec 21, 2014 7:01 pm 
JonnyQuest wrote:
She said she didn't know, but that we should "ask that guy at the bar". "Oh, does he drink Dick's?" we asked... To which she replies "I hope so, because that's Dick "!
Dick must have been making use of his cabin. It's also where he passed away. RIP Dick. You were a neat guy!

wolffie

wolffie
PostMon Dec 29, 2014 12:08 pm 
Lagerman wrote:
I think its "Champagne of beers", or was there motto different back then?
Miller was "the Champagne of bottled beer" and that ad campaign flopped 'cause it sounded too hoity-toity for the working class target market, so it was changed to "It's Miller time." Bear Whizz Beer

Some people have better things to do with their lives than walking the dog. Some don't.