Forum Index > Trip Reports > ActionBetty & Yet Adventures (March 23-25)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Yet

Yet
PostThu May 24, 2007 9:16 am 
Wednesday, May 23rd (Lake Serene, AB Car Troubles, Tazz Comes To The Rescue): I knew it was going to be an interesting day when I woke up and realized I overslept. Of course this meant my son overslept, too, (and missed his bus) since apparently I am his alarm clock. My hopes for a quiet morning of getting ready flew out the window. But this is what mothers do; they go with the flow. It was not a quiet morning, but I still managed to pack everything I needed, get my son to school, and get coffee – you know, the important things in life. The farther away I drove from home and work (one and the same for me), the bigger my smile got. Throw in some sunshine, the beautiful Highway 2 (non)traffic, and the thought of seeing ActionBetty (AB) soon made me giddy. Listening to Madonna’s Borderline nearly sent me over the edge! Woohoo! It was going to be a wonderful day! smile.gif I got to the trailhead with plenty of time to fill out the register and get ready before AB arrived. The poor thing had been driving for 4+ hours with Mr. Big and Ms. Poo cooped up in the car all that time. We took our time saying hello and gearing up. Some of us took our time saying hello to other dogs and and their humans. wink.gif
AB and I jokingly called this hike a pre-NAB, since it is the TNAB destination the following day. Of note to those who will be hiking there tonight; the trail is completely snow-free! Only a couple of blow-downs which we had no trouble getting around. Well, except for this one huge tree; which I was not able to conquer (the first time) despite AB's excited screams of "Grab me! Grab me!" I tried, but failed. Unable to get on top, I got on my knees instead and crawled under. This trail is certainly not lacking in stairs and bridges!
I attempted some flower pics, trying to be like Quark and failing miserably. So we had to do the side trip to Bridal Veil Falls just so I can post these pics instead.
More falls along the way!
AB and I were very good girls. wink.gif And what do good girls get? Views!
What else do good girls get? Tiaras and leis! Maybe for the next trip. We hung out at the lake for quite a bit - no rush, no hurries, no worries. Mr. Big and Ms. Poo loved playing in the partially frozen lake (or partially thawed out - depends on if you see the glass half full or half empty).
The hike back was just as pleasant and leisurely. Occasionally we would meet other hikers, some of them with shirts on, some without. No pics, though. Besides I really wasn't paying close enough attention to notice if they had shirts on or not. huh.gif (Just say no to chesticles!) Getting back to the trailhead did not mean the day was over for us. We know how to pamper ourselves after all that hard work. wink.gif
Thank you AB for driving such a long way to meet me. I had a wonderful time enjoying the outdoors in the company of a very good friend. Looking forward to our next adventure. smile.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu May 24, 2007 9:38 am 
up.gif A nice destination, AB called me from wherever you guys had your posthike gorge chow.gif . Her SUV wouldn't start, so our trip for today was cancelled. The bue skies hurt my eyes shakehead.gif . I think she was rebuilding the engine in the parking lot. winksmile.gif

Living in the Anthropocene
GeoTom

GeoTom
PostThu May 24, 2007 9:39 am 
Looks like fun. up.gif That trail is always crowded when we go, but we go back every April anyway. Any leftovers from the meal? hungry.gif

Knows literally nothing
Yet

Yet
PostThu May 24, 2007 9:42 am 
wildernessed, oh no! I sure hope she made it out okay. Silly girl, why didn't she call me? I'll give her a ring.
GeoTom wrote:
Any leftovers from the meal? hungry.gif
What do you think I am having for lunch today? wink.gif

Tazz

Tazz
PostThu May 24, 2007 9:51 am 
It is the starter in her rig. I couldn't leave the girl on the side of the road to sleep in her truck. So I drove up after climbing and hooked her up in a hotel and we hung out all night. She will try to get it fixed today.

wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostThu May 24, 2007 10:20 am 
STONERS ! eyes.gif

Criminal

Criminal
PostThu May 24, 2007 10:53 am 
Yet wrote:
wildernessed, oh no! I sure hope she made it out okay. Silly girl, why didn't she call me? I'll give her a ring.
Somehow I doubt a marriage proposal will help.

Because I am mad about women, I am mad about the hills Said that wild old wicked man, who travels where God wills. - Yeats topohiker.com
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostThu May 24, 2007 12:05 pm 
Im alive! ....Camping out at yets till the car is fixed..I seriously feel like trading it in at the moment. Thanks Yet for coming and getting me...LIFESAVER!! and huge thanks to Tazz for saving me from mass destruction last night..I owe ya sister Will post some pics and add to the TR when I decide to go back home.. hubby better start working on that dog house rant.gif

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
silly_traveler
~ roaming ~

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~
PostThu May 24, 2007 1:48 pm 
Dang! Sounds like a fun trip! Nice TR and pictures up.gif Is that phad thai I see in the picture? hungry.gif Hmmm.... looks yummy hmmm.gif

♫ You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. And you're the one who will decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go. - Dr. Seuss
Yet

Yet
PostThu May 24, 2007 2:06 pm 
Thanks Silly! Yes, that is tofu phad thai. It was good, but I've had better. wink.gif

ree

ree
PostThu May 24, 2007 2:20 pm 
up.gif up.gif up.gif Glad you ladies had fun!! down.gif mad.gif Car trouble sucks!

Yet

Yet
PostFri May 25, 2007 1:44 pm 
Who knew that this one-day adventure would stretch out to 3 days? AB just left for home. I've been blessed with her company since Wednesday. I'm such a lucky girl. smile.gif Thursday, May 24th (Yet Adopts AB, TNAB, The Rock): Once I found out that she was stuck in Monroe (thanks, Rob!), I came and got the girl. Fed her pancakes, after which she snoozed on the couch. That evening, we went back to Lake Serene with TNAB. Yes, we are silly. wink.gif Details on that trip here, and here some photos from the post hike fun at The Rock.
The Rock
The Rock
Friday, May 25th (Breakfast, Screen Door Episode, AB Goes Home): Leisurely breakfast at Patty's Eggnest in Mukilteo. Delicious food, friendly service! This morning's adventures included Mr. Big knocking out my screen door, AB frantically trying to fix it, and Mark finally lending a hand once he was able to stop laughing hysterically.
Three days with this girl and I think I am only beginning to appreciate what the "Action" in ActionBetty really means.

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostFri May 25, 2007 1:51 pm 
Yet wrote:
This morning's adventures included Mr. Big knocking out my screen door, AB frantically trying to fix it, and Mark finally lending a hand once he was able to stop laughing hysterically.
up.gif up.gif up.gif Y'all crack me up.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
wildernessed
viewbagger

wildernessed
viewbagger
PostFri May 25, 2007 2:02 pm 
Glad she got that taken care of, unfortunately her husband will probably take the brunt of her wrath for not forseeing this mechanical failure, even though it looks like she had a mini respite. winksmile.gif

Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostFri May 25, 2007 2:05 pm 
Awesome. Love the story and pictures!