22%  [ 19 ]
Yes, it is singable danceable solid pop
16%
 16%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 83

touron

touron
PostThu Jun 07, 2007 9:20 pm 
Ode to ABBA My life it didn't have a plan, doh! doh.gif Until I heard their song Fernando wub.gif Benny, Bjorn, Agnetha and Frida dance.gif Whoa! I have a dream, oh Mama Mia! up.gif up.gif So if their music you pooh pooh pooh poop.gif Oh grasshopper? I say nerts to you bart.gif (I do I do) See I used to walk an awkward shuffle so mean chickenleg.gif Now I cut up the rug like a dancing queen cool.gif And I Voulez-Vou to like them too headrub.gif Cuz it will change your life Knowing me knowing you banana.gif Some fall to wine, women, or kung fu, nopity.gif But for me, ABBA was my Waterloo borank.gif And you can stay a way rank loser shakehead.gif Or become like touron a super trouper biggrin.gif Hey! Those lines didn't exactly rhyme uhh.gif Maybe I'm low on potassium, Chiquitita time! smile.gif So don't just sit and haw and hem zzz.gif Now is the time--take a chance on them drink.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tazz

Tazz
PostThu Jun 07, 2007 10:37 pm 
they suck.... strange.gif eck.gif biggrin.gif

touron

touron
PostThu Jun 07, 2007 11:33 pm 
Ops, I forgot to say that Starjumper has a website for Evil ABBA Fans, and political comments should be posted their. hihi.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
Allison
Feckless Swooner

Allison
Feckless Swooner
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 2:56 am 
Love 'em. The tunes sound a little tinny and dated now, but I love them for being what they are. I've worked the ABBA musical, "Mamma Mia" a couple of times now, and the show sells really well and the audience eats it up. Sure it's schlock, but it knows it's schlock, rather than, say, an Andrew Lloyd Webber musical, which is also schlock, but thinks it's "art". rolleyes.gif

www.allisonoutside.com follow me on Twitter! @AllisonLWoods
moosefish
I am the fish

moosefish
I am the fish
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 8:41 am 
If my daughters tell me The Cure sucks and they want to hear Mama Mia one more time... mad.gif (No, I don't really make them listen to The Cure, but they have been requesting both Tainted Love and Mr. Roboto lately. smile.gif)

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 8:44 am 
O for crying out loud. huh.gif I thank the good Lord I don't know even half of the songs referenced in the poem Touron wrote. I am horrified that I know some of 'em. But I can't help but to know a few; they oozed over the radio waves for so long and so often. The Brady Bunch, Donna Reed re-runs (I got hooked once, the summer of '81) and ABBA are the roots of all my issues. Luckily I don't have many, but others are probably suppressed and will pop out at the most inopportune time. Or at a bus stop. Think about it next time you're at a bus stop and suddenly someone starts acting like a crazed ape or a nimrod. It's probably Brady Bunch and ABBA flashbacks.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 8:59 am 
I'm pretty sure I've been to an ABBA concert at the old whatever it was before turning into the "Key Arena" or has it changed to something else now? I didn't go out an buy and LP after that so they must not have impressed me that much. I distinctly remember the Queen concert at the same venue, (years earlier) and the Police concerts there and at the Tacoma Dome. Those were fun (even for a dorky jazzer). Bohemian Rhapsody is great road music on the way to a hike. banana.gif

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 9:12 am 
I once saw Heart in concert and enjoyed it by mistake. Interestingly enough, The Kinks were first on stage, and Heart was 2nd. We were there for The Kinks. But we couldn't get out of the concert hall fast enough when Heart showed up. We were afraid we'd barf all over the place because we were sick to death of that album, the first one. (you know how radio kills a band by over-playing it). But after they played a couple of their popular songs (we held in the barf), they started playing some of their new stuff (not new now). It was real good, so we stayed. ABBA sucked back then, too.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Stefan

Stefan
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 9:15 am 
moosefish wrote:
If my daughters tell me The Cure sucks and they want to hear Mama Mia one more time... mad.gif (No, I don't really make them listen to The Cure, but they have been requesting both Tainted Love and Mr. Roboto lately. smile.gif)
The Cure up.gif

Art is an adventure.
ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!

ActionBetty
Im a dirty hippie!
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 9:21 am 
never liked ABBA..dancing queen sucked.. I was more into David Bowie at the time.

"If you're not living good, you gotta travel wide"...Bob Marley
Canuck

Canuck
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 9:36 am 
ykm.gif rotf.gif What a great poll! I can't say that I would have liked them if my parents weren't huge fans. ABBA was always on in our house, and I had a good childhood, so I'm assuming that I associate the two, and that's why I like them. I'm not a TOTAL dork. My music collection is very well rounded. On my desk here at work, I also have Elvis Costello, U2, Cat Stevens, Mountain Music Lounge the Police, and Barenaked Ladies. Yes, I feel I need to defend myself. Once people hear you like ABBA, you're pretty much the nerd.gif of the group! lol.gif

Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 10:42 am 
ABBA sucks!!! down.gif

Prince of Happiness
Fly in the ointment

Prince of Happiness
Fly in the ointment
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 11:12 am 
Fierce Viking raiders, "God deliver us from the fury of the Northmen," sacrifices and linnorms & trolls to sensible modern design, cheap furniture you put together at home, and ABBA. Never would have seen that coming.

The Prince of Happiness "A man who does not care about the beer he drinks , may as well not care about the bread he eats." - M. Jackson, Beerhunter as seen by my friend Anita on a sign in Helsinki
Yet

Yet
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 11:40 am 
I like ABBA, even if my friends don't. smile.gif Love David Bowie, too!

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound
Climbing Connoisseur
PostFri Jun 08, 2007 11:43 am 
I can't choose between the first and fifth option!!!

Pain is just weakness leaving the body.