Forum Index > Trip Reports > Lakes Dorothy, Bear, and Deer - July 7-8
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
jessicagrace

jessicagrace
PostMon Jul 09, 2007 2:50 pm 
Before I tell you how nice everything was, note: there are bugs. Zillions of them. They were merciless and swarmed around us for hours. When I closed my eyes and tried to sleep, I saw bugs. Most weren't biting, but there were a few sneaky mosquitoes and black flies out there. Now, on to the nice things. In spite of warnings that this would be a crowded route -- and the zillions of cars lined up at the trailhead -- we found it very peaceful, with only one couple camping at Bear and zero at Deer. The trail to Dorothy is beautifully maintained -- like climbing stairs. The trail up to Bear and Deer was challenging, since neither of us are in fabulous shape and it was our first overnight trip of the year with an actual climb. We found only a couple of campsites, but we suspect there are more visible only to more experienced (or less exhausted) eyes. Camped just feet from Deer Lake, took a fabulous swim in the morning and tromped back out again. Guys camping at Snoqualmie lake said they'd eaten for two days on fish they caught in the lake, and made us totally jealous. Photos when I get them -- we took a film camera because my tiny digital is a battery hog!

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message