Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 3)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
l

l
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 10:45 am 
Wow, great shots PiB!

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Hikes with dogs
always well behaved

Hikes with dogs
always well behaved
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 12:44 pm 
Wow, great photos everybody!! Thanks up.gif

guns don't watch your back... our dogs have shown us the way out when we were lost...AND kept us warm... for us its ALWAYS a two dog night!
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 7:31 pm 
Really big lake
Really big lake
Precarious perch
Precarious perch

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Tazz

Tazz
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 11:45 pm 
slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif winksmile.gif

Solo Steve
Harry Mudd wannabe

Solo Steve
Harry Mudd wannabe
PostThu Jun 21, 2007 11:51 pm 
More Cowbell wrote:
Anyone ever spotted an albino slug before? This was my first:
albino sluggo
albino sluggo
Daughter 2 spotted an albino snail at Cape Disappointment earlier this month:
Albino snail
Albino snail

yukon222

yukon222
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 12:13 am 
who.jpg
who.jpg

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 12:29 am 
Yana ascending
Yana ascending
Yana's hand over the edge, with Greg & cartman on summit
Yana's hand over the edge, with Greg & cartman on summit
Yana & cartman descending
Yana & cartman descending

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 12:35 am 
slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif slobber.gif winksmile.gif

Andrew

Andrew
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 9:55 am 
The exposure is unbearable!

Yet

Yet
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 11:43 am 
yukon222 wrote:
who.jpg
who.jpg
Nice! The moon perfects the scene.

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 8:39 pm 
peltoms wrote:
cowbell and quark you have been doing a wonderful job of capturiing the small at your feet scenery, thanks. Are you hiking slower because the views ahead are lacking or because the views at your feet are more stunning?
It took us about 6 hours to do this 4 mile long trail; when MCB and I went to Tronsen Ridge it took us about 6 hours to do 5 miles. If left alone, I can milk a 3 mile stretch all day. I always look downward or inward (on the coast) as well as up; there's so much beauty that goes unseen. That's why I don't mind doing summits on a cloudy day, or hiking in the rain; to me, there's so much to see anyway, even if you don't see snow-capped peaks all around. My goal is to get folks to enjoy the little things - but I find in order to do so, you sorta have to be happy inside yourself, too - nothing scientific, but it seems to me that folks who enjoy simple beauty seem to see beauty in a lot of things and know it first comes from within. It's hard to explain, but I hope to someday help people really "see" the outdoors.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
the Zachster

the Zachster
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 10:12 pm 
Well, I have finally and reluctantly gone digital. I recently bought a Canon 30D and decided to take it out for a test run at the Edmonds ferry dock. It's really an awesome camera and I was having a great time...until the memory card crashed. It's a really BAAAAAAD feeling to see the "No Image" sign after you've been shooting lots of cool shots... rant.gif But fortunately, the good folks at Kenmore Camera were able to retrieve the data (and refund the cost of the card). So here are some of my first shots.
Self portrait
Self portrait
I have no idea who this little guy was, but he was SOOOOOO cute! Future WTA recruit I think!!
ed1
ed1

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostFri Jun 22, 2007 11:29 pm 
Or, he'd fit right in with this group.
Yarder is set up on the busiest tourista road around here.  Luckily, the boss is people oriented and cheerfully answers tourist questions.
Yarder is set up on the busiest tourista road around here. Luckily, the boss is people oriented and cheerfully answers tourist questions.
For some reason, my hands have been shaky after operating a post hole digger in this same area, so most of my pictures came out blurry today.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities
Trevor

Trevor
PostSat Jun 23, 2007 12:58 am 
Yet

Yet
PostSat Jun 23, 2007 10:34 pm 
Quark wrote:
My goal is to get folks to enjoy the little things - but I find in order to do so, you sorta have to be happy inside yourself, too - nothing scientific, but it seems to me that folks who enjoy simple beauty seem to see beauty in a lot of things and know it first comes from within.
agree.gif smile.gif I think you articulated it quite well. May I quote you?