Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 3)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
Randy
Cube Rat

Randy
Cube Rat
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 7:55 pm 
Yeah, it snowed yesterday.
Single File to the Summit
Single File to the Summit

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 9:03 pm 
picture of the day
HJT...lucky guy! Where is the cove that provides so much of the drama? How did you manage to herd so many nice clouds into formation to attain the fine colors? I like #3. That cottage at the bot. left must be a perfect place to retire and write memoirs.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Hesman

Hesman
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 9:08 pm 
That would be Burley Lagoon. I had to sweet talk the cloud gods to do their thing with the setting sun. And that cottage is where I live. Don't be getting too jealous now!

GeoTom

GeoTom
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
We were admiring today's sunset while driving back from Stevens Pass. You had an even better view of it HJT. Nice up.gif

Knows literally nothing
l

l
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 9:18 pm 
HJT, your dramatic photos reminded me of Bad Company's old song, "Burnin' Sky". up.gif up.gif up.gif

Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 9:36 pm 
pictures of the day
HJT's remarkable sunset from his lucky spot....well, I missed sunset, today. Just walking around at Wallace Falls St. Pk. Not too much color....however, long after sunset I saw the full moon rise over the ridge (I still do not know the name of the summit/ridge that is the east wall of Wallace River valley across from Mount Stickney). The mountain is completely snowed...the trees barely understood....just a great mass of white...well, that turned the most beautiful hue of pink long after sunset. I tried a handheld shot on my little digital camera...it was unsuccessful...anyway, it was too long after the pink, alpen glow faded. Nevertheless, the image of intensely white moon over the pink color field of the mount's snowy forest was and is unforgettable. BTW...I am jealous of that waterside cottage location....what a beautiful place!

Hesman

Hesman
PostSun Jan 20, 2008 10:02 pm 
I had to update my avatar with one of my sunset photos. doh.gif Sabahsboy: only if you knew how much I paid each month in rent. You'd be more than jealous. BTW, I ain't tellin' how much. paranoid.gif And I ain't moving out any time soon. winksmile.gif

touron

touron
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 12:38 am 
Mt. Si was singularily beautiful tonight. Photos slightly McBlurry due to lack of tripod. up.gif up.gif

Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
javman

javman
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 1:05 am 
Moonrise @ Sunset

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 1:14 am 
I definitely got the butt end of the color out on the coast. Still...

Ancient Ambler

Ancient Ambler
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:41 am 
Sore Feet, that is one outstanding photo. Here are a few shots of the Olympics with sunrise coming on today:

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 9:46 am 
javman, expound, please. up.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 12:54 pm 
pix of day
Touron, javman, SoreFeet, et al, caught the splendid sunset light and moon rise. My hand held shots are not so good. If they look better than I think, I'll post. Gosh...it was a gorgeous sight!

Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 12:58 pm 
HJT...you are a lucky guy! Shoreline cabins, houses, etc. are nearly always far over priced, whether real estate sales or rental. Houses on my little street that front on Lake Ballinger (it is a puddle with a tiny island) have rents that are amazingly high...dumps with small square footage and big yards to mow...$1850 - 2500/mo. It is shameful. Every one of them have changed hands at a rate of about 14-16 months.

Hesman

Hesman
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 1:41 pm 
I will say my rent is less than $500 a month for a water front cabin.