Forum Index > Trail Talk > Picture of the Day (Archive 3)
 This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Previous :: Next Topic
JimK

JimK
PostSat Jan 26, 2008 9:04 pm 
Lots of ice out there.

Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostSun Jan 27, 2008 3:46 am 
NB, those ice images are fascinating.

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Back to top This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies. Reply with quote Send private message
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostSun Jan 27, 2008 10:02 pm 
pix of the day, floating world
NaturalBeing, you exceed yourself in ability to notice, then capture wonders of our mystical world. These photos have a great deal of "wow!" and you may consider a means to publish or sell at a gallery? These "reality abstractions" (let that notion bend your mind) surely are as creative as any that have been "floated" by abstract impressionists or further back, Monet. Thank you for sharing such captivating images. The "mystery" of how the condition came about is provacative. I like image 68 and 70 of the series, though I really love the initial image that preceded in this thread.

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 1:55 am 
Ice shots are terrific and original. Once again it's true -- "you've never seen everything".

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 12:29 pm 
Expressing and experiencing beauty in all forms of life, is a gift we afford each other when we share. Being a catalyst that causes one to appreciate the beauty around us all is a great gift and is priceless. Thank you all for allowing me this privilege and acknowledging my intent. Namaste (Sanskrit) excl. - a Hindu greeting; All that is the highest ability, thought, and action in me, greets all that is the highest ability, thought, and action in you. And when you are in that place in you, and I am in that place in me, together we may realize a state of being that is beyond our individual experience of reality and therefore greater than ourselves.

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 3:48 pm 
With our past weather being so nice, I was able to get out a number of days with Crystal and enjoy her company and get in some photography. Here are some images I took around Carnation, the local cemetery, Tolt McDonald Park, and along the nearby rail to trails trail.
Rocks Underwater, 1.21.08.
Rocks Underwater, 1.21.08.
Rocks Water & Reflection, 1.21.08.
Rocks Water & Reflection, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks & Reflections 3B, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks & Reflections 3B, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks 5, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks 5, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks B, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks B, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks, 1.21.08.
Effected Rocks, 1.21.08.
Effected Rock 4, 1.21.08.
Effected Rock 4, 1.21.08.
Bare Tree Reflection, 1.21.08.
Bare Tree Reflection, 1.21.08.
Effected Monument, 1.21.08.
Effected Monument, 1.21.08.

Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 5:58 pm 
abstracted reality photos
Love this new set, Naturalbeing. Bravo!

Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 6:44 pm 
What is this peak called?
The clearing was failing and new snow was moving in...view of hanging valley of Lake Isabel from Wallace Falls State Park.  Photo on 01.28.08
The clearing was failing and new snow was moving in...view of hanging valley of Lake Isabel from Wallace Falls State Park. Photo on 01.28.08
Nothing to add. Oh...there was no wind and I never put on gloves. Nice walk included a light snowfall. All on a January Sunday afternoon.

windymtn

windymtn
PostWed Jan 30, 2008 3:28 pm 
Few shots I took on my way to work last week.

"The Great Spirit set the whirlwinds blowing in constant fury about Wind Mountain as a punishment to those who, breaking the taboo, had taught the white men how to snare salmon." ~ passage from "Oregon, End of the Trail"
l

l
PostWed Jan 30, 2008 7:29 pm 
1-27-08 550 041
1-27-08 550 041
1-27-08 550 024
1-27-08 550 024
1-27-08 550 013
1-27-08 550 013
1-27-08 550 048
1-27-08 550 048

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl

Karen²
A Real Canadian Girl
PostWed Jan 30, 2008 9:30 pm 
Finally got a chance to try out my new 40D last weekend on a trip to Grandma's house in Sechelt, BC. I know ducks are not scintillating subject matter, but at this point in time I'll take what I can get! First stop tree hugging at Porpoise Bay Provincial Park, then Sechelt Marsh to feed the ducks.
Tree hugger
Tree hugger
Kasey feeding ducks
Kasey feeding ducks
Hooded Mergansers
Hooded Mergansers
He
He
[br]
She
She
"Quack"
"Quack"
Hooded Merganser
Hooded Merganser
Flapping
Flapping
Then beachcombing along the waterfront in town, where this eagle sat and posed (can't wait to get my new telephoto lens!).
Rock ramblers - Sechelt
Rock ramblers - Sechelt
Take it for granite
Take it for granite
moss rock water
moss rock water
Surf Scooter
Surf Scooter
[br]
Eagle
Eagle
Eagle eyed
Eagle eyed
Eagle
Eagle

I leave only footprints...and lens caps. http://weekendswithmarmots.zenfolio.com
Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostWed Jan 30, 2008 9:54 pm 
Ducks?
The last 3 photos appear to be beaked, raptor duckets (or, just one that has been photo'd 3 x). LOL! Hey...these are great photos! Did you set camera on 2MB or better? There is just great definition in the photos you have shared with us. Wonderful! Hey, again! More Ducks...mergansers, too!

Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostWed Jan 30, 2008 10:28 pm 
Windymtn, those pix are beautiful. Are they all of Multnomah Falls? Shacknasty, I like yours, too, especially the frosty one. And Karen, those ducks are gorgeous! The colors are so vibrant, you can see everything so clearly. Of course, Kasey is pretty cute, too. wub.gif

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
windymtn

windymtn
PostThu Jan 31, 2008 9:42 am 
My pics were of Multnomah Falls and Wahkeena Falls. Karen, I'm surprised to not see any snow on the ground up there, tons of the white stuff here. I've got the D40 also, very happy with the camera.... had it about a year and still learning. Just bought the 55-200mm f/4-5.6G ED IF AF-S DX VR Zoom Nikkor Lens and highly recommend it.... this lens works especially well with the D40's 1600 ISO setting for action shots, clarity of the D40 at this setting plus the optics and VR of the zoom is awesome at a very affordable price.

"The Great Spirit set the whirlwinds blowing in constant fury about Wind Mountain as a punishment to those who, breaking the taboo, had taught the white men how to snare salmon." ~ passage from "Oregon, End of the Trail"
Nisquaww
Hot balls

Nisquaww
Hot balls
PostThu Jan 31, 2008 10:28 am 
floating

"Why do you have a beard?" "I don't have a beard. It's just the light; it plays funny tricks." ~ Shel Silverstein