Forum Index > Trip Reports > Noble Knob 9/8/07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
silly_traveler
~ roaming ~

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~
PostSun Sep 09, 2007 5:10 pm 
I haven't hiked in three weeks, where to go dizzy.gif My knee is still not back to normal, so I wanted to do a semi-flat-ish hike hmmm.gif Captain Jack suggested Noble Knob and off we went smile.gif The 6 miles of gravel on FS 7174 is steep, rough and super bumpy rant.gif We made it to the TH ok though rolleyes.gif This is a really nice hike, some ups and downs but the overall elevation gain isn't much up.gif Perfect hike for my knee biggrin.gif The huckleberries are out! eek.gif I couldn't stop picking them and ended up getting a whole water bottle full of huckles! Nice view of Rainier on top of the Knob and we could also see Glacier Peak, Mt. Stuart and the Enchantment Peaks on the other side up.gif Thanks for the company CJ, nice pick!
yummy
yummy
bigo huckleberry
bigo huckleberry
benchmark!
benchmark!
rainier from noble knob
rainier from noble knob
view from top
view from top
the trail to noble knob
the trail to noble knob

♫ You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. And you're the one who will decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go. - Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
GeoTom

GeoTom
PostSun Sep 09, 2007 5:53 pm 
Mmmm...Huckleberries...

Knows literally nothing
Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 8:56 am 
Welcome back to the trails ST! We have missed you....as someone who is also nursing a knee, I am looking for more 8-12 mile trails that aren't knee killer steep...I'll add this one to the list....good to see your post hockeygrin.gif

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
TrailPair

TrailPair
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 9:47 am 
How did the knee hold up after your hike? confused.gif Those are some great looking berries agree.gif Our hike times get much slower during berry season. Those little blue wonders cause our pace to slow dow.....gotta have time to browse for berries doh.gif

This thing called work is interfering with my play
silly_traveler
~ roaming ~

silly_traveler
~ roaming ~
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 2:34 pm 
Still eating the huckleberries chow.gif I want some blueberries this weekend hmmm.gif The knee didn't hurt afterwards, I took lots of ibuprofen though hockeygrin.gif Plus lots of stretching before and during and after, and then ice when I got back home smile.gif Might be able to do something with a bit more elevation gain this coming weekend hmmm.gif

♫ You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. And you're the one who will decide where you'll go. Oh the places you'll go. - Dr. Seuss
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 3:12 pm 
silly_traveler wrote:
I want some blueberries this weekend hmmm.gif Might be able to do something with a bit more elevation gain this coming weekend hmmm.gif
475531 1212007 winksmile.gif