Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Absent NWHikers
Previous :: Next Topic  
Mike Collins

Mike Collins

PostThu Aug 16, 2007 4:57 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Quote:
rubberlegs but I don't know what his latest incarnation is.

Rubberlegs was going to join up with Stefan, Randy, and I for last weekend's outing up Snowfield. He is still out there but I haven't seen him posting. Maybe just lurking.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Eric
Peak Geek

Eric

Peak Geek
PostThu Aug 16, 2007 5:04 pm 
I believe his nombre is now that of a very difficult summit in Asia. The writing styles are easier to remember a person by than the ever-changing names for some folks.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostThu Aug 16, 2007 5:26 pm 
The latest incarnation would be under this ID.
borank
Lake dork

borank

Lake dork
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm 
Here’s a pseudo breakdown of the member list.  Why?  Because this is the kind of doofus stuff I do from time to time.

Missing members who have posted significantly in the past (greater than ~125 post – I got tired of wading through the list):

Distant Memory (no posts in 2+ years) - Miss Normandy, MooseAndSquirrel, tk-421, Bob K, Smokey, Flash Gordon, lagerman, wazzuhiker, hikerjo, Snowshoe Hare, WrongBridge

Gone (no posts in 1-2 years) – the lykkens, frankm3, radninjaskills, Duncan, Odonata, Blue Dome, johnahl, newdawnfades, C Dog, aestivate, Jill, Larry, Bushwacker

Going? (no posts in 6-12 months) – WTCrocker, Skinem, Justan, Kevin, blue tuberosa, liembo, Jennanik, Ulrich, Dustin07, scm007, ice girl, tennessee treader, marylou*, jabenoi, marzsit, GrizzDaddy, Catwoman, Plinko, Pianodirt

Taking a break (3+ months) – Hiker Boy, David, Overlander, Erik the Nav, justybug, treewalker, Vidalia, El Puma, Timber Cruiser, marionthegoat, summitseeker, treasureblue, scot’teryx, Jamin S, hopalong, steppinrazor

RIP (you will be remembered!) – oosik, Oldtimer, Edd

Current insignificant statistics (dynamic numbers - obviously):

There are 334 members who have >100 posts
Of those, there are 267 with >150 posts
Of those, there are 202 with >250 posts
Of those, there are 138 with >500 posts
Of those, there are 75 with >1000 posts

Of the 60+ missing members listed above, there are only 25 with >250 posts.  Of the 178 remaining (active) members with >250 posts, all but about a dozen have posted within the last 2 weeks.

The vast majority of members who were active at the time they joined have stayed active, including nearly all of the original members from December 2001.

Some members have changed their handle (several times) but are still active.

Some memorable posters had a very modest output.
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound

Climbing Connoisseur
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:40 pm 
borank wrote:
Taking a break (3+ months) – Hiker Boy, David, Overlander, Erik the Nav, justybug, treewalker, Vidalia, El Puma, Timber Cruiser, marionthegoat, summitseeker, treasureblue, scot’teryx, Jamin S, hopalong, steppinrazor

I think we scared off Jamin after he got barraged by our members for pummeling a snake to death... poor guy.  shakehead.gif

--------------
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K

Shameless Peakbagger
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:49 pm 
skimpyphud wrote:
I think we scared off Jamin after he got barraged by our members for pummeling a snake to death... poor guy.  shakehead.gif

That bashing he got was pretty bad, not completely undeserved,  but not why he left. He found God instead.

Jamin Smitchger wrote:
I realize that for the past 12 months or so I have been posting with the wrong attitude in my heart. I have been striving to gain recognition and respect and stoke my ego. In other words, I have been a glory chaser.

I have recently come much closer to God than I have ever been in my life, and I believe that God desires me to be humble. As a result, I will rarely if ever post again on nwhikers.net or cascadeclimbers.com.
My apologies to anyone I have offended.

--------------
www.youtube.com/bkraai | www.flickr.com/photos/bkraai/sets/
summithound
Climbing Connoisseur

summithound

Climbing Connoisseur
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 5:57 pm 
confused.gif  Weird.

--------------
Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
Tom
Admin

Tom

Admin
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 6:04 pm 
I think your numbers could be faulty.  I recall recent posts by some in the "no posts in 6-12 months" category.

Edit:  Oops never mind.  Getting members confused
sarbar
Living The Dream

sarbar

Living The Dream
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 6:24 pm 
Wrongbridge is around. He posts on BP under Olyhiker. Saw him a couple weeks ago and he is doing well smile.gif

--------------
https://trailcooking.com/ Eat well on the trail.
oldwhiner

oldwhiner

PostWed Feb 13, 2008 7:00 pm 
Scrooge wrote:
MaryLou

up.gif

ditto on MaryLou. Cracking up while reading her posts got me addicted to nwhikers, and my wife peaking over my shoulder. R U lurking, ML?

--------------
Dreaming - a wistful dilemma between hope and disappointment, perpetuated by occasional bouts of happiness.
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Tazz

Tazz

PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:16 pm 
wonder why they left?  hmmm.gif  rolleyes.gif
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
touron

touron

PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:19 pm 
Maybe we should have a penalty for being absent.  Who took the attendance today?  (I was present but arrived after the bell)

--------------
Touron is a nougat of Arabic origin made with almonds and honey or sugar, without which it would just not be Christmas in Spain.
More Cowbell

More Cowbell

PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:22 pm 
Snowshoe Hare.  Funny poster before my time.

--------------
“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Tazz

Tazz

PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:25 pm 
i was wondering about snowshoe hare too. I believe he might be someone else on the board but not too sure dizzy.gif
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe

NWH Joe-Bob
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 8:51 pm 
Wary wary interesting information.....

Tanks Borankski.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Absent NWHikers
  Happy Birthday mtnrider, PetDrAndrea, Quest for Adrenaline, hikejon!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: