Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Absent NWHikers
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 9:18 pm 
Didn't MooseAndSquirrel become Snowshoe Hare and then stopped posting altogether when someone mentioned that he was originally MooseAndSquirrel? Maybe I'm just a little confused. MountainGirlBC...that was too bad, really. She got chased off, if I recall. Blue Dome's over on Marylou's site. Odonata's still around. I saw him and Marylou out on trail last summer. Believe Hiker Boy may be boycotting us since ML's departure. Speaking of ML, I haven't heard from her in a while. Guessing that Pianodirt has been busy mending people's backs. I need to give him a call and get him out and about. Blue Tuberosa - Anyone wanna drop by her place in Roslyn and knock on her door and say hello? Guessing she's been enjoying the good life since she left the city and settled over there amongst the hills. I really miss Justan (Elk), newdawnfades, and Bushwacker. The Lykkens too -- we need more fun young BC couples. D&K are pulling more than their fair share of the weight these days. wink.gif I also miss Stomp. Didn't see him in your list, Borank... Maybe he changed his nick?

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:01 pm 
Quote:
Didn't MooseAndSquirrel become Snowshoe Hare and then stopped posting altogether when someone mentioned that he was originally MooseAndSquirrel? MountainGirlBC...that was too bad, really. She got chased off, if I recall. I also miss Stomp. Didn't see him in your list, Borank... Maybe he changed his nick?
The M&S/SH is a possibility. The time frames work and the posting density is about equal. MountaingirlBC has 55 posts, Stomp has 60. Both of them would be in the 1-2 year category. The numbers get crazy below about 100 posts. 892 members have never posted 727 members have posted only once 359 have posted only 2 times 517 have posted 3-10 times 649 have 11-100 posts for a whopping total of 3344 members with 100 or less posts eek.gif

pimaCanyon

pimaCanyon
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:08 pm 
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Blue Dome's over on Marylou's site.
So where's Marylou's site?

It's never too late to have a happy childhood
Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:18 pm 
MountaingirlBC was run off (by we all know who.) along with many others. there are many others I wonder about. Snowshoe is one to be certain. He used to be fun along with moose&squirrel. Hiker boy had some slow down with posts and some health issues even before ML's departure. Hope he is well. blue dome was cool but jeez dude post a trip report or something other than spray! wink.gif Blue tuberosa I miss alot!! Come back! agree.gif

kbatku
Questionable hiker

kbatku
Questionable hiker
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 pm 
Is Marylou's site where all the cool people hang out?
Like, if I would have known that you guys aren't the IN hiking crowd, I'd never have come here in the first place. Besides, my buddy Cameron says you are all flamers ( I mean, in an internet way, not in a gay way, you know, mostly).

captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:22 pm 
the Larch wrote:
Dayhike Mike wrote:
Blue Dome's over on Marylou's site.
So where's Marylou's site?
Ya Mike , I wanna know too, even if BPJ gives me the evil eye.

David¹
Token Canadian

David¹
Token Canadian
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:25 pm 
MaryLou's Website MountaingirlBC is fine, she does most of her posting on Summit Post these days. Sadly Hiker Boy has had some serious health issues & along with a personal tragedy that has kept him offline.

Warning! Posts may contain traces of sarcasm. Hiking Website: http://members.shaw.ca/karenanddavid/Index.htm
Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:30 pm 
yes david i know where she is i talk to here all the time. I just KNOW why she left. I feel for HB! frown.gif

Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:34 pm 
No need for snarkiness.

Tazz

Tazz
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm 
smackbum.gif soooorrrry I will behave i promise.

Mtn Man
Snow addict

Mtn Man
Snow addict
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 pm 
Hmmm, someone needs a spanking.... B)

Mmmmm, backcountry...
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 10:40 pm 
Thanks D. up.gif I sure see alot of familiar names in there. hmmm.gif

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 11:40 pm 
Tazz wrote:
HTFCs about ML's site! tongue.gif biggrin.gif
Marylou helped build this site, and for you to trash her, in a place where she has no ability to respond, says nothing about her and much about you. I have no connection to marylou. I’m not in communication with her, have never met her, and I’m not one of her advocates. Though she could be quick to rile, I liked her straightforward approach — she and I had some spirited exchanges on NWHikers — and behind the tough façade, she always seemed like a good-hearted person. One thing’s clear: marylou helped build this site, and it’s a shame she’s no longer allowed here. As for me, 18 months ago Tom sent me a PM where he claimed I added little value to NWHikers, and that if I ever posted anything non-hiking related again, I would be banned. I occasionally lurk, and this is a good place to set the record straight. Hope everybody enjoys all the snow this year.

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman
Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 11:43 pm 
I apologize, BD. I thought I'd seen you posting over on her site. My mistake.

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn

Blue Dome
Now with Retsyn
PostWed Feb 13, 2008 11:45 pm 
No, you're correct, DHM. No apology necessary. I have posted on marylou's site. Though I hope she's doing well, I just have no connection or ongoing communication with her. With her long record of building NWHikers, and in her absence, it seemed like somebody should come to her defense.

“I never give them hell. I just tell the truth and they think it's hell.” — Harry S. Truman