Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Moroners, very best losers in all of baseball!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!

Slugman
It’s a Slugfest!
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 4:01 pm 
Yes, it's true, the Mariners have the third-best winning percentage in all of major league baseball, behind only the Red Sox and the Angels in the American League (through 8-19-07). The Mariners' winning percentage of .570 is better than any team in the National League. Yes, I know, it is just by minuscule amounts over some teams, not even 1/2 of a game, but slightly better is still better. What amazes me is how it is not a fluke. These guys really are that good. They are strong in every aspect of the game, fielding, hitting, pitching, you name it. Even their weakest link, Jeff Weaver, is now pitching like a total stud! (He is 3-0 in his last three starts.) Unbelievable.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Tom
Admin

Tom
Admin
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 4:42 pm 
I agree, but shouldn't this be in the football thread. clown.gif

Trevor

Trevor
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 4:42 pm 
I'm starting to get the pennant fever. dance.gif I hope to make it to a few more games this year. With fall-color hiking and the mariner's run, it's definitely not going to be a bad time of the year. up.gif

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 4:54 pm 
Here's to the M's making the playoffs so all of the fairweather fans can come on down and watch the Sox destroy them! wink.gif clown.gif

Andrew

Andrew
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 5:22 pm 
It's the bottom of the 1st and our lineup has given Horacio Ramirez a 4 run head start. Let's see how fast it goes. paranoid.gif

gyngve

gyngve
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 6:21 pm 
Ramirez has been the worst of the Seattle pitchers as of late. But yeah, the run support he has so far is pretty darn good! And LAA vs NYY... sweet! No matter who loses, it's good for Seattle.

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 6:53 pm 
I bumped into Bill Bavasi at the Seattle REI today. I didn't think it was him though, thought he was too skinny. I heard him talking later to an employee and once I heard the voice I knew it was him, dang, that dude has one very skinny head and twiggy chicken legs lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

Eric
Peak Geek

Eric
Peak Geek
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 7:48 pm 
Did you tell Bavasi to DFA Ramirez? I can't believe he lasted into the 8th inning tonight. For a dude who pitches like he belongs in AAA he sure doesn't lose that often. For a team that really is inferior to probably 4-5 others in the AL, has an awful 1B, a lame LF (until a week ago), a 2B who looks lost at the plate, the worst starter in the AL, a DH who can't take a walk or hit for power, another starter who went through one of the 5 worst 6 game stretches in the last century of baseball, and 2 other middling starters it really is amazing how good of a season they are having. It's August and their W-L is greater than their RS-RA! Oh, and Putz kicks ass.

borank
Lake dork

borank
Lake dork
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 10:17 pm 
That's pretty much the take of the baseball pundits - they can't figure out why the Mariners are hanging around and continually down-rate them in the power rankings. But things are coming together at the right time for the M's (for a change) and it's fun to have them in the race with no expectations.

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 10:25 pm 
ditto.gif Now, where's the fair weather so I can join the bandwagon as a fair-weather fan?

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostMon Aug 20, 2007 11:25 pm 
Layback wrote:
Here's to the M's making the playoffs so all of the fairweather fans can come on down and watch the Sox destroy them! wink.gif clown.gif
rotf.gif rotf.gif moon.gif I don't know what team you are talking about....The Red Sox don't seem to be beating anyone since the All Star break...Maybe you mean the White Sox? noooo.....hmmmm...Black Sox? I love the Red Sox, especially when they beat the Yankees, but come on....The Mariners have been kicking everyones ass this year up.gif up.gif ain't it grand?! agree.gif

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Aug 21, 2007 8:41 am 
You must have missed the last home stand when the Sox took 2/3, one of which was in major @ss-kicking fashion. hockeygrin.gif

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger

Grizzy
Yellow Cedar Hugger
PostTue Aug 21, 2007 9:46 am 
Actually I was out of town....sorry I missed that....I WAS in town when the RS were here before (and at the games) when there was a loud SWEEPing sound hockeygrin.gif PS I actually love the RS, and I always look forward to watching them play anyone agree.gif .....and like you I'm originally from the east coast (born there anyway)....I just have a hard time with any east coast koolaid.... dizzy.gif YMMV hmmm.gif

All the birds have flown up and gone; A lonely cloud floats leisurely by. We never tire of looking at each other - Only the mountain and I. ~Li Po~
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Aug 21, 2007 1:59 pm 
It's all good. Nice to see a passionate M's Fan that can talk some good smack! (Sorry - I know that sounds like a back-handed compliment but that's not how I mean it). up.gif

Locutus
Hiking Borg

Locutus
Hiking Borg
PostTue Aug 21, 2007 8:15 pm 
grizzy86 wrote:
The Red Sox don't seem to be beating anyone since the All Star break.
I think we just beat Tampa Bay. biggrin.gif

I'm a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar.