Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Mtn Loop Hiway Motocross Track
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
n16ht5

n16ht5
PostThu Sep 19, 2013 12:32 pm 
Some of you guys are a bunch of elitist NIMBY crybabies... rolleyes.gif I don't care for motocross but I could care less about the park going in, even though I hike the Robe trail / Three Fingers / Pilchuck more often than most (climbed Pilchuck 4 times this year so far.) My neighbor has a full size motocross track that he and his friends ride on 3-4 times a week and the noise does not bother me at all. I am sure they are running fully open 98+db mx pipes. If you drive up the MLH with cotton balls stuffed in your ears and cringe every time you hear a plane fly overhead, than go and push to make sure that the 94db noise limits on the mufflers there are enforced. I'm sick and tired of the whiners complaining about their "wilderness experience" being ruined by XXXX user group. waah.gif waah.gif waah.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
n16ht5

n16ht5
PostThu Sep 19, 2013 12:44 pm 
tmatlack wrote:
Dear Crow Fliers, I live right behind Lake Stevens High School...
If you are so bothered by noise how is it that you can live in such a noisy place? Do you cry yourself to sleep at night every time you hear a truck drive down hw92? Or the concerts in the Cove? Or the football games, etc..? But yet you can't rest when a motocross park goes in 30 minutes away to a place you visit every once in a while... ? dizzy.gif the logic some of you have really bewilders me.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri Sep 20, 2013 2:25 am 
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSun Jan 19, 2014 4:46 am 
All, The applicant for the Mountain Loop Highway motocross track has been granted a hearing before the Snohomish County Hearing Examiner. The hearing is over 4 days, if needed, in early February. The appellants for the SEPA Determination of Non-significance, the Mountain Loop Conservancy, have an Action Alert on their website: http://www.mtloopconservancy.org/ including dates and times for the hearing. Tom/Lake Stevens/Granite Falls.

n16ht5

n16ht5
PostTue Jan 21, 2014 11:37 am 
I'll be there rooting for the motocross track, just to spite you and Jim Dockery winksmile.gif $25,000 you have completely thrown down the drain could go a LONG way toward trail maintenance.. lol.gif

Snow_Knot

Snow_Knot
PostWed Jan 22, 2014 5:35 pm 
Im in... Pro track!

"Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" Well, I think so, Brain, but "apply North Pole" to what?
cairn builder

cairn builder
PostWed Jan 22, 2014 10:58 pm 
Motor chair people should be able to have a fun backcountry experience, just like the rest of us. But they need a place to do it, where they aren't going to bother residents. There must be some place for them, far away from peoples' homes.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostSun Jan 26, 2014 4:06 am 
Cairn, Yea, the early history of this project is one of the biggest disappointments with county politics...the applicant got tossed out of Monroe and Maltby so the Granite Falls/Snohomish County good ole boy network chose this sight and the county wrote an ordinance for him allowing motocross in R-5 residential so it would be code compliant. Dirt bike supporters were at that council meeting when it was approved. Since it was a county wide ordinance (in name only) the locals were not notified. The 1st they knew of the track is when the county hammered in the application sign. Done deal. Tom

Schroder

Schroder
PostThu May 15, 2014 12:17 pm 
tmatlack

tmatlack
PostFri May 16, 2014 2:55 am 
Yep, now the opponents are trying to figure out who will do all the noise monitoring and enforcement required by the HEX decision. He was a little vague on those important details. For example, the well must have a meter installed, but there is no mention of who will check the meter or how often.... rant.gif rant.gif rant.gif Tom

jbsimm2
WWLD?

jbsimm2
WWLD?
PostFri May 16, 2014 6:53 am 
score 1 for the good guys.

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostWed May 17, 2017 2:20 am 
https://www.heraldnet.com/news/failed-granite-falls-off-road-track-sues-for-lost-dirt-money/ PS: Much of the track location has been clear cut of the nasty Hemlock that was back there. It's the big cut at top of Sand Hill on Mtn. Loop Hiway adjacent to the county gravel pit.

trestle

trestle
PostWed May 17, 2017 3:49 am 
Since the zoning change was thrown out putting a hold on the track, and now this lawsuit, any chance of revisiting the zoning language and trying again? This seems like an unfortunate outcome.

"Life favors the prepared." - Edna Mode
tmatlackMX applican

tmatlackMX applican
PostThu May 18, 2017 3:17 am 
Trestle, I don't think anyone really knows long range. The land is overlaid with a Mineral Resource Overlay and surrounded by gravel pits so maybe that is the plan. The MX applicant did 3 noise studies, and as far as I remember they all use the forest as attenuation factors. With the trees all cut, someone would have to start over with noise studies in the most restrictive zoning for decibel thresholds, something that cost the original applicant dearly. Tom