Forum Index > Trip Reports > Hannegan Peak 9-08-07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
peppersteak'n'ale

peppersteak'n'ale
PostSun Sep 09, 2007 11:22 pm 
While a friend of mine was waiting for his wife and kids to make it home from Ireland Sunday night, it was decided that a weekend at his cabin in Glacier and a hike to somewhere neither of us had been would better help him pass the time. Knowing that route 542 would be closed on Sunday morning for a bike race, we went up to the Hannegan Pass trailhead on Saturday morning. The hike to the pass went quickly with views of Ruth and Hannegan Peaks enticing us to go further. Uninspired by the views at Hannegan Pass and with plenty of time left in the day, we proceeded up to Hannegan Peak to be rewarded by ever increasing views on the way to the summit. On our way out, we encountered numerous hikers and a very full parking lot at the Hannegan trailhead. With hunger setting in, burgers and beers at Graham’s capped off the hike burger.gif Stopped by the Crossroads Grocery in Maple falls Sunday @noon to say hi to Jen and Dave, but Jen was off hiking and Dave hadn’t shown up yet. While there, I picked up some “Kill Ugly Radio” ale to try later in the week drink.gif Pics:
Hannegan Summitscape
Hannegan Summitscape
Mt. Shuksan
Mt. Shuksan
Mt. Baker
Mt. Baker
Ruth Mtn.
Ruth Mtn.
Goat Mtn.
Goat Mtn.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
jenjen
Moderatrix

jenjen
Moderatrix
PostMon Sep 10, 2007 7:40 am 
peppersteak'n'ale wrote:
While there, I picked up some “Kill Ugly Radio” ale to try later in the week drink.gif
I've had a few of those beers myself. up.gif Sorry we missed you! (but I'm not sorry I was off hiking wink.gif ) Great pics from Hannegan. It was a perfect day for that hike.

If life gives you melons - you might be dyslexic
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message