Forum Index > Trip Reports > Chicken Soup (Tuck & Robin Lakes, Granite and Trico)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
wamtngal

wamtngal
PostThu Sep 13, 2007 8:10 am 
Ree, your 2D'd names stood out very well on Trico's register - I noticed them immediately. wink.gif Speaking of...awhile back someone mentioned that the register was filled up...actually it isn't. For some reason people wrote on the last pages and back cover, but there's a huge blank section right in the middle!

Opinions expressed here are my own.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Yet

Yet
PostThu Sep 13, 2007 9:25 am 
Thanks everyone! I am feeling better. agree.gif wamountaingal: No goats. Not a single one! And Mark and I were so diligent about bringing everything inside the tent, too. Damian: Sounds like a day of surprises for you! It's always such a treat to run into loved ones, especially when you haven't seen each other in a while! Mark and I thought about you and your son, and hoped you were having a lot of fun. Thanks for adding your photos and narrative here. smile.gif PiB: Your photos from your trip convinced me this was the place to spend my last weekend off. agree.gif Magellan: Thanks, you make me blush! Stop it! (No, don't. Keep going.) ree: Thanks! smile.gif I'm happy that you added your pics and story here. Mark told me he saw yours and kleet's names in the Trico register, as well as many others. Man, you guys lug the raft around wherever you go?
ree wrote:
Everyone goes here...
'guess that means I'm one of the cool kids now, huh? wink.gif

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostThu Sep 13, 2007 1:26 pm 
Magellan wrote:
Your TR's are like a great book. Action, romance, and really good looking people. biggrin.gif Feel better!!
ditto.gif

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
Hiker Mama

Hiker Mama
PostThu Sep 13, 2007 1:47 pm 
What a nice trip to take before you get slammed with school. I hope you are able to hold onto the fond memories when summer is distant. Glad you're feeling better. Oh, and those are some nice photos, by the way. up.gif

My hiking w/ kids site: www.thehikermama.com
ree

ree
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 7:45 am 
We saw a goat when we were up there. We first saw it when we were floating in the curtis raft. It stared at us as with a "what the hell?!" expression, like it'd seen an alien. Then later, at dinnertime, it strolled into our camp.
Ha! That raft gets lugged around a lot. It's a pity when sometimes I bring it, and it doesn't get used.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 8:51 am 
irked.gif I thought you said you were going to Photoshop out all the gray in my hair.

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Roald

Roald
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 8:55 am 
Yet, I've enjoyed your various replies to others' posts. But your TR is the best! Go on more trips so you can write more TRs! agree.gif Really, congrats on getting out, working through the cold, and feeling better now.

Yet

Yet
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 8:56 am 
kleet wrote:
irked.gif I thought you said you were going to Photoshop out all the gray in my hair.
Naw...I think it's sexy. smile.gif And a butterfly kissing your ear plus that happy happy smile? What a great photo!

Yet

Yet
PostFri Sep 14, 2007 9:19 am 
Aww...thanks everyone! smile.gif Matt: Thank you for ditto'ing Magellan, the belated birthday boy. Hey, it's your birthday next week! Hiker Mama: So many happy memories and new experiences these past few months! I just can't stop smiling! ree: That is one adorable goat! Your avatar prompts me to ask...did you cuddle with it? Roald: Thank you! I've chuckled my way through your trip reports. You write very entertaining ones! I would love to go on more trips and will likely squeeze in whatever I can the next two years while I am in nursing school. Woman cannot live on books alone! Also need chocolate. And mountains!

Toni

Toni
PostTue Sep 18, 2007 7:50 pm 
Hi Yet~ I decided to come out of my "Lurking" state and do a Post. Really enjoyed reading your Trip report and was envious that I could not have spent more time up at Robin. Next year a Backpack. We made it back out to the TH at 8:00, needless to say it was dark and we were hungry. Someone suggested "Ol' #3" so off we (3 of 8 of us) went. (I have eaten there before and knew what to expect. Ha! It is now 9:15 and the place is packed, music and thinking there would be no place to sit for 8. It was all that and more......ladies night out, no guys, except a few in the back watching sports events. So my friend says, "they said we could join them at their table" I thought a minute and said "ok' I looked to my left and said to this gal all dressed up, hope you don't mind, we just came out of being in the mountains all day, kinda feeling yucky, she said in a low voice...."That's OK" I am now connecting the dots and told my two friends, I think we should go to Cle Elum and eat. I wondered why no one was in the Womens room. As we were going to our vehicle, this gal stopped and asked where we were going.....we said to get something to eat in Cle Elum...She then says, It is Tranny Night here tonight. Oh, ok. Have fun I said and off we went for Mexican food before it got too late.... That was my "sightings" for the day.....and two hunters dressed in total camo with bow and arrows looking for bear, deer or elk about 15 minutes before TH. Now will have to learn how to post some of my pics Have fun out there....

There is no Planet B
Yet

Yet
PostWed Sep 19, 2007 9:13 am 
Toni!! You have now crossed over and there is no going back! (insert evil laugh here) angel.gif When Mark and I met you on the way in, we noted that you weren't carrying a huge pack, so assumed that you were dayhiking. That's quite a trip! I was wiped when I we got to Robin and was really glad we were spending the night instead of having to hike out that night. Ladies' night out sounds like it was fun, too. wink.gif

Damian

Damian
PostWed Sep 19, 2007 7:24 pm 
One last thing Yet, very soon after our encounter, I spotted a goat!

Yet

Yet
PostSat Sep 22, 2007 8:35 am 
HJT, thanks! Glad you liked the TR. smile.gif Damian, must have been one sneaky goat for us not to spot it at all! Or maybe you just have special goat charms. wink.gif