Forum Index > Trip Reports > Pasayten peaks: Hey, stop and smell the flowers!
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Dave Workman

Dave Workman
PostWed Sep 19, 2007 2:07 pm 
Quote:
As a newcomer to nwhikers.com, I should follow the advice of a veteran like Magellan, especially one whose moniker (“Brutally Handsome”) has my wife salivating to meet him.
Boy, I dunno. You might gently suggest to her that she oughtn't get her hopes up hockeygrin.gif He does attract mosquitoes winksmile.gif Edit: In fact...They seem to be very fond of him. They must all be female. Great report and the photos are terrific. What camera are you using?

"The essential American soul is hard, isolate, stoic, and a killer. It has never yet melted." - D.H. Lawrence
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Roald

Roald
PostSat Sep 22, 2007 10:42 am 
Dave Workman wrote:
Great report and the photos are terrific. What camera are you using?
Dave - Thanks! I just point and shoot with a Nikon Coolpix4600, and don't have the patience to try to edit pictures, even if I could find Photoshop. So the credit for any picture that turns out is due to the beauty of the place, not any skills of the photographer. Also, anyone: What is TNAB? The nastiest all-terrain bushwhackers? Terribly notorious alpine beauties (hmm, that would be "flowers.")? Tremendously nimble avalanche busters? Finally, we still are waiting for some specs on that mystery stove. prod.gif

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostSat Sep 22, 2007 11:05 am 
Thanks for the input Acme. Between the two of you, it would be hard for me to hike since I would have been laughing my butt off the whole time. TNAB is Thursday Night After Burners. (Although I do like The Nastiest All-terrain Bushwackers!!) Not all of us are burners, but we get out on the I-90 corridor thursdays after work. Depending on the drive the hike starts at 530-600 and ends at 930-1100. Ideally we summit (or lakebag) by 8pm and get back to the car by 10pm. This is not always possible due the amount of extreme fun had by everyone. TNAB reports Awesome end of season cookout Discombobulation and a bear Lakebaggers delight