Forum Index > Trip Reports > TNAB 2007 Finale: Mt Catherine, 9/27/07
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst

Mesahchie Mark
A Lerxst
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 12:31 am 
Wow! The 2007 TNAB season is officially over. We started way back in March, with a short jaunt up Lil Si, and closed out the last week of September with a sprint to the summit of Mt Catherine. Over that span, we did 28 different hikes. Again: "Wow!" Mt Catherine Crüe: Chris M, Craig, Larry, Rick (Newbie), Steve (Yukon222), (Geo)Tom, and Yours Truly We arrived at the trailhead, just a few yards short of Windy Pass, under increasingly overcast skies. For once, there were no bugs! We were on the trail by 6:17 PM. At first, the trail seems like an old road, but after a few minutes it narrowed down to standard size. The grade is even, which allowed for quick travel. I had vague memories of slogging along Catherine's ridge with dicey back in February, but it hardly felt the same without the deep snow and blizzard conditions. Often, I felt the trail would terminate over the next rise, only to be confounded by next section of ridge. Then, at 6:55 PM, we ran into first Digger the Dog, then Larry on the summit. It took less than 40 minutes to reach the top! For such a short hike, Mt Catherine's summit offers some nice views. We could see much of the immediate vicinity. After a few minutes of summit celebration, a couple folks noticed that some wet stuff looked like it was heading our way. Party over! The trip down the mountain was just as fast as the ascent. By 7:43 PM, we were packed up and heading for the NBB&G - gotta love TNAB! Special mention: (Geo)Tom, along with Jasper, climbed Tinkham prior to joining the Mt Catherine expedition. Cool! And Rick, the Newbie, who did a quick circuit on Tiger Mtn before meeting up in Eastgate for more hiking. Nice! And with that, TNAB is "done" for 2007. Don't worry, 2008 is right around the corner! Cheers, -Mark BTW: I only took one pic, and it turned out poorly frown.gif

Cheers, Mesahchie Mark
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !

WildCelticRose
Oooh ! Shiny !
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 5:45 am 
next year is a new year
I'm bummed that I didn't get to make more TNAB hikes. But next year is a new year. I'm working an earlier shift at work and should be able to just drive in to work one day a week. I'll likely post some snowshow and XC ski trips. It's just about time to do a snow dance (or as we like to do at my place of employement, ritually burn a twinkie for snow) See you on the trails! ~L

In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks. John Muir
joker
seeker

joker
seeker
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 9:24 am 
Hmm - short honeymoon for newlywed Chris, apparently wink.gif . I had hoped to get in at least one more TNAB trip this season, but work and vacations conspired against. I will remain a mere "newbie" (per Chris) until next season. Congrats on another solid string of outings!

yukon222

yukon222
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 9:27 am 
Here are a few shots, quality lacking but good subject matter. lol.gif A big thanks to Mark. This was my first TNAB year and I made it to 14 events. All of them memorable. up.gif
keechelus pano
keechelus pano

Yet

Yet
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 10:50 am 
TNAB Finale has such a final ring to it. A definite ending. Wow, 28 weeks of TNAB huh? Interesting how much that timeframe coincides with huge events in my life. I thought of TNAB all day, and though I wasn't physically there, I was there in spirit. I'm sure you all missed me, yes? wink.gif While I was missing you all, I was having a very successful Day 4 in Nursing School. Finally settling in and enjoying my instructors, my classmates, and the material we are learning. Loving every sleep-deprived minute of it. agree.gif
yukon222 wrote:
A big thanks to Mark. This was my first TNAB year and I made it to 14 events. All of them memorable. up.gif
Like you, Steve, this was my first TNAB year. I made it to 22 out of the 28. All, all, all of them memorable for me as well. Even the ones I missed! (Catherine, Humpback, Guye, Rampart Ridge, Teneriffe, and Washington). Thank you TNAB. Thank you Mark. For everything. The peaks, the rocks, the lakes, the adventures, misadventures, the stars and the moon. And for the opportunity to make great friends such as I now have.

twodogdad

twodogdad
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 12:23 pm 
tnab 07
Tnabbers, canine and human, thank you all for a string of good outings: we made it to seven or eight this year (our first) and enjoyed every single one. Dad teaches an evening class this qtr (dogs grade papers) so we had to miss the last one--but we look forward to 08. tdd

Roald

Roald
PostFri Sep 28, 2007 1:45 pm 
Having just found out what TNAB is, thanks to Magellan, I look forward to joining you next year. Talk about hiking with rock stars! Is there a secret ritual to get in? A special handshake? hmmm.gif Wait, don't tell me the new guy buys the beer. I've heard that one before (he says as he digs deeper into his pocket). winksmile.gif

ADrewzki
Snow angels are hot

ADrewzki
Snow angels are hot
PostFri Oct 05, 2007 10:12 am 
over??
What the crap?? I just got back from deployment and was looking forward to hiking again and it's over. OVER! Oh well. Atleast snowboarding season is right around the corner. biggrin.gif

yukon222

yukon222
PostFri Oct 05, 2007 10:59 am 
ADrewzki wrote:
What the crap?? I just got back from deployment and was looking forward to hiking again and it's over. OVER! Oh well. Atleast snowboarding season is right around the corner. biggrin.gif
Well, actually this was the very last TNAB hike 2 days after Catherine. Another lady was visited. lol.gif https://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=7962597