Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > The World Champion Boston Red Sox
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 7:53 pm 
I'll hand it to the Indians, good win tonight. up.gif Best of all for Cleveland fans . . . this means when we come back and take the series, now it won't be in your home park. headrub.gif

If you show fear, a monkey will bully you.
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:13 pm 
Layback, how the heck are you a Seahawks and Red Sox fan? You really ARE one of those filthy bandwagon jumpers. Have you ever even been to Boston? And then you have the gall to rag on Mariners fans, when you root for those same fans' football team? If there were a criminal justice system for sports fandom, you'd be locked away for life. Anyway, go Tribe. WATCH OUT FOR ME AT GAME FOUR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! Oh baby.

Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:15 pm 
Have fun, Foist! up.gif And for the love of God, have some self-respect and don't wave one of those silly towels. lol.gif

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:20 pm 
I don't get what's wrong with the towels. They look kinda cool. I mean, it's lame when you don't really care about the game and it's ALL you do, like in Arizona. But tribe fans are also LOUD and on top of every pitch. Jacobs Field rattles and shakes at these games, take it from me. Is anyone watching the NLCS game? What in the heck are the Rockies fans chanting? The most asinine announcing team of all time is useless here.

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:23 pm 
Haha, you're referring to John Adams. He doesn't have an afro anymore, but he still bangs the drums, now in the back of the bleachers.

Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:27 pm 
They did an interview with the drummer guy during one of the Yankee games. Not much hair there any more - rainbow afro or otherwise. hihi.gif

Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:28 pm 
He also lost a lot of weight. In the 90s, he was massive. Good for him.

Toonces
unleashed

Toonces
unleashed
PostMon Oct 15, 2007 9:33 pm 
Pütz-in-Boots wrote:
Twins separated at birth? eek.gif

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 12:31 am 
Layback wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, the Rockies newest fan. Congrats BPJ. I know that every M's fan needs some sort of backup come October...
Oh get off it man. Typical Red Sox fan to think you're surgically attached, sharing a lung with one and only one team. I'm rooting for the Rox all the way because they play good ball and they've never been to the WS before. Doesn't mean I stoped rooting for the M's.

kleet
meat tornado

kleet
meat tornado
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 am 
Pütz-in-Boots wrote:
Whoa! Blast from the past. Rockin' Rollen. Here's the whole sad story. (BTW, the "ranch" mentioned in the article was in Cle Elum.)

A fuxk, why do I not give one?
Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 8:01 am 
Foist wrote:
Layback, how the heck are you a Seahawks and Red Sox fan? You really ARE one of those filthy bandwagon jumpers. Have you ever even been to Boston? And then you have the gall to rag on Mariners fans, when you root for those same fans' football team? If there were a criminal justice system for sports fandom, you'd be locked away for life. Anyway, go Tribe. WATCH OUT FOR ME AT GAME FOUR TOMORROW NIGHT!!!! Oh baby.
Grew up in CT and went to my first Sox game when I was seven and watched them at home for years before that. Moved here in 2004 and went to my first football game in September of '04. Never followed a team before that. They were hardly any good in '04, so I doubt I am a band wagon jumper. Have fun at the game. No offense, but I hope it rains out. It would be nice to get Beckett in game 4 and 7 if needed.

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly

polecatjoe
Silent but deadly
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 8:08 am 
If Beckett doesn't win the Cy Young award this year, it would be a shame. He outpitched Sabathia in game 1 and is the only 20 game winner in the majors, plus his post-season record is perfect. Beckett rolls while Sabathia loses control And I'm not just saying this because we share the same last name, either!

"If we didn't live venturously, plucking the wild goat by the beard, and trembling over precipices, we should never be depressed, I've no doubt; but already should be faded, fatalistic and aged." - Virginia Woolf
Foist
Sultan of Sweat

Foist
Sultan of Sweat
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 8:13 am 
The voting for Cy Young is done before the playoffs, so it's specifically meant NOT to be based on postseason performance. That's just the way it is. And Sabathia had slightly better numbers, particularly in innings pitched.

Layback
Cascades Expatriate

Layback
Cascades Expatriate
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 8:16 am 
Sore Feet wrote:
Layback wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, the Rockies newest fan. Congrats BPJ. I know that every M's fan needs some sort of backup come October...
Oh get off it man. Typical Red Sox fan to think you're surgically attached, sharing a lung with one and only one team. I'm rooting for the Rox all the way because they play good ball and they've never been to the WS before. Doesn't mean I stoped rooting for the M's.
Sorry man - I have found that to be like kissing your sister. Like I said before, I tried to be a second tier M's fan when I moved here and cheer for the home team when it didn't affect the Sox, but I just can't do it. Come playoff time though, I supposed there are exceptions.

Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostTue Oct 16, 2007 6:34 pm 
Layback wrote:
Sorry man - I have found that to be like kissing your sister. Like I said before, I tried to be a second tier M's fan when I moved here and cheer for the home team when it didn't affect the Sox, but I just can't do it.
Well then don't hate on those of us who appreciate the game for the game then. So, if there are exceptions to the rule, will you root against Cleveland when they drive the final spike through Tito's heart? Or will you just turn the TV off an suddenly not care about baseball like the rest of New England? wink.gif