Forum Index > Trip Reports > Ecstasy of the Larches – Enchantments Traverse (10/13/07)
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostWed Oct 24, 2007 3:25 pm 
there are no words to describe the ecstasy of your photos! one must just look in awe and envy! fantastic!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Oct 26, 2007 7:35 am 
Matt:
Quote:
I was surprised that particular photo was so popular. It doesn’t show any of the big peaks or routes or lakes in the area in the area. It's somewhat cluttered. It's not as dramatic as many of the other "photo of the week" winners. But maybe that's what was appealing about it. It just shows a place that many people would enjoy being at.
That pic was a hit from the moment I posted it. First it made photo of the hour, then photo of the day and then photo of the week. The neat responses came from all over the world as summitpost members were blown away by the beauty of the composition and the art like quality of Matt's photo. I had asked Tom and Matt for their permission to post some of their traverse pics to my summitpost Enchantment page as one section I have been working on called "The Golden Week" was perfect to showcase their pics. Here's Matt's pic. Reading the responses is worthwhile as you see so many came from summitpost members all over the world. up.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
Tazz

Tazz
PostFri Oct 26, 2007 7:50 am 
DUH! I didn't even read that it was matts shot!!!!! Good work there Matt. Great shot! Only the best end up in POW! up.gif

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)

Dean
(aka CascadeHiker)
PostFri Oct 26, 2007 7:55 am 
Tazz, I'm shocked wink.gif that you didn't read the caption. Lets ask Matt to post his "Perfection" shot. Maybe another pic of the week just waiting to be posted. I posted 4 of Matt's pics and 2 of Tom's. Those added greatly to the Enchantment page. Thanks to both of them for letting me share some really special pictures up.gif

Dean - working in Utah for awhile and feeling like it is a 'paid' vacation. http://www.summitpost.org/user_page.php?user_id=1160
silence

silence
PostFri Oct 26, 2007 4:04 pm 
I'm so proud of Matt and thankful for living in the most beautiful place on earth!

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan
Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot

Matt
Tea, Earl Grey, Hot
PostFri Oct 26, 2007 4:17 pm 
Hey Tazz, Nice pic of yours at Vantage on previous photo of the week at summitpost. up.gif up.gif up.gif BIG DADDY JR. (My brother is Big Daddy Sr.) aka Daniel (Matt's son)

“As beacons mountains burned at evening.” J.R.R. Tolkien
silence

silence
PostFri Oct 26, 2007 4:28 pm 
Tazz ... AWESOME shot. Way to go girl! Need I say more....?

PHOTOS FILMS Keep a good head and always carry a light bulb. – Bob Dylan