Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Nov 25, 2007 3:30 pm 
StarHumper wrote:
"Don't taze me bro, don't taze me"
It didnt help much, as he got his ass tazed! HA! up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
pimaCanyon

pimaCanyon
PostSun Nov 25, 2007 4:58 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
StarHumper wrote:
It didnt help much, as he got his ass tazed! HA! up.gif
That's a good thing? hmmm.gif

It's never too late to have a happy childhood
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Nov 25, 2007 5:12 pm 
the Larch wrote:
Backpacker Joe wrote:
StarHumper wrote:
It didn't help much, as he got his ass tazed! HA! up.gif
That's a good thing? hmmm.gif
Yes in fact it is. We have the right to respectfully protest. We do not have the right to disrespectfully disrupt someone else in the course of their life. That dumb ass deserved to be tazed.

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Riverside Laker

Riverside Laker
PostSun Nov 25, 2007 5:31 pm 
A penny saved is a penny taxed.

trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'

trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'
PostSun Aug 24, 2008 11:04 pm 
"The laws of Nature break the rules of Art." Thoreau

trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'

trailjunky
Backcountry Bumpkin'
PostSun Aug 24, 2008 11:11 pm 
Didn't sound to me like a half bad place to be. "There we went to bed that summer evening, on a sloping shelf in the bank, a couple of rods from our boat, which was drawn up on the sand, and just behind a thin fringe of oaks which bordered the river; without having disturbed any inhabitants but the spiders in the grass, which came out by the light of our lamp, and crawled over our buffaloes. When we looked out from under the tent, the trees were seen dimly through the mist, and a cool dew hung upon the grass, which seemed to rejoice in the night, and with the damp air we inhaled a solid fragrance. Having eaten our supper of hot cocoa and bread and watermelon, we soon grew weary of conversing, and writing in our journals, and, putting out the lantern which hung from the tent-pole, fell asleep." "A Week on the Concord and Merrimack Rivers," Henry David Thoreau

Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Aug 24, 2008 11:56 pm 
"Keep true to the dreams of thy youth." - Johann Schiller

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Ski
><((((°>

Ski
><((((°>
PostSun Aug 24, 2008 11:57 pm 
"Art, if you want a definition of it, is criminal action. It conforms to no rules, not even its own. Anyone who experiences a work of art is as guilty as the artist. It is not a question of sharing the guilt- each one of us gets all of it." - John Cage ( ? )

"I shall wear white flannel trousers, and walk upon the beach. I have heard the mermaids singing, each to each."
Sore Feet

Sore Feet
PostMon Aug 25, 2008 12:22 am 
"You just got run over by a Daewoo Lanos, Muthaf####!" - Red from Pineapple Express, after running a badguy over with his Daewoo Lanos (aka The Korean Geo Metro) lol.gif

wamtngal

wamtngal
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 4:41 pm 
Someone linked to this thread in another post and I thought it would be nice to revive it.... Each week I sit in on a number of conference calls for my organization. Since we're a national org, there's a variety of yahoo's on the call each time. A favorite pastime for my coworkers and I are to write down memorable quotes from each call. Here's a sampling from a call that occurred today: "There's always 10% waste in everything you do." "I can't fix stupid." "I'm trying to get the camel's nose, eyes and mouth under the tent." Ok, not all of these are originals, but when you realize that they were said on a mundane conference call at work, it makes them just a bit more humorous. If you get bored on conference calls like my coworkers and I do, I recommend this method to keep you from falling asleep. And make sure report back on those quotes you wrote down here. And finally, one last quote that was not in today's meeting, but was in another one not too long ago: "I don't make the garbage. I just drive the truck."

Opinions expressed here are my own.
GeoTom

GeoTom
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 5:07 pm 
Sort of on wamtngal's theme: Yesterday as I was waiting to go through security at the airport, a woman behind me was on her cell phone talking to a business associate. Two phrases she said stood out to me: 'We need to develop a new strategic plan' and 'Let's create a mission statement' There was some other stuff about budgets and accounting and other blah, blah, blah blah.gif but I couldn't pay attention anymore as I was being strip searched by a TSA official. (Ok, I made that last part up).

Knows literally nothing
Stefan

Stefan
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 5:37 pm 
Why did God put a sewer next to a playground? --"Forgetting Sarah Marshall"

Art is an adventure.
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostWed Feb 25, 2009 6:50 pm 
"All men dream, but not equally. Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds, awake in the day to find that it was vanity. But the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes to make it reality." -T.E. Lawrence

tmatlack

tmatlack
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 4:56 am 
Comrades, Too early and snowy to search old threads, but to paraphrase an old Sarbar axiom: "It ain't real till you barf in front of all your friends." Sarbar Apologies if I messed it up. The gist is hard to miss! Tom

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostThu Feb 26, 2009 6:44 am 
I like this one, it makes sense in the time and place it was said. Instead of if you've got questions, don't be afraid to ask, it was: "If you got any questions, just don't do it."

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities