9%
 9%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 65

captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostFri Dec 11, 2009 10:56 pm 
I just discovered Larsens Danish Kringle. God help me.
The Larsens website wrote:
serves 12
ykm.gif

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Spotly

Spotly
PostFri Dec 11, 2009 11:06 pm 
Dogpatch wrote:
Awww Quark, that's the best Christmas story yet.
Humbug. I feel sorry for the poor old guy. He was probably just being polite when he said he liked fruit cake. Then Quark calls him on his bluff. He wasn't looking around to see if his boss was watching - he was looking for an escape route. Probably had a hard time gagging it down and a harder time getting the wretched taste out of his mouth.

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie

Rich Baldwin
Mister Eddie
PostSat Dec 12, 2009 11:44 pm 
I posted this in Thread Length the other day, but this is a better thread for Military Specification Fruitcake.

Was you ever bit by a dead bee?
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostSun Dec 13, 2009 5:56 pm 
Spotly wrote:
Dogpatch wrote:
Awww Quark, that's the best Christmas story yet.
He wasn't looking around to see if his boss was watching - he was looking for an escape route. Probably had a hard time gagging it down and a harder time getting the wretched taste out of his mouth.
Naw, old guys like fruitcake. It's a proven fact because I said so. QED. The doc said ole Quark's cholestrol is sky high - close to 300 - I gotta watch the fruitcake intake. (so I'll watch 'em as they go down). I'll hafta recruit someone to take 'em from me and put 'em in their freezer, and dole 'em out one at a time (no more than 2 per month) until consumed. I can't be trusted to keep them myself. I tried that a few years ago with a dozen boxes of Girl Scout cookies. What I figured was, I figured to freeze 'em up, so I wouldn't eat 'em all, like a hog would do. O, like that was going to work rolleyes.gif - it didn't take long to figure out that all I had to do was take them all out of the freezer and eat them. Duh! eyes.gif I don't even think they were in there long enough to freeze. To tell you the truth I don't think they even got cold. I gotta change all kinds of stuff regarding my food habits. I got busted by my freind Jonathan, who has an education in public health, so ole Quark can't just go out & forage in the truck or backpack for leftover pork chops anymore. I promised I wouldn't. Within 24 hours of returning from a hiking or road trip, I have to clear the truck and backpack of all foodstuffs. I can eat the fruit & muffins, if any (I usually have fruit left over), but the porkchops must be tossed out. Why couldn't he have a degree in something more useful? huh.gif English, for instance. tongue.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
captain jack
Serving suggestion

captain jack
Serving suggestion
PostSun Dec 13, 2009 6:35 pm 
Mmmmmm, truck.. pork.. chops.
dH
dH

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 10:20 pm 
Bumping for 2010

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostThu Dec 23, 2010 10:27 pm 
half of my fruit cake is already gone. bought it a few days ago at the Safeway - it's the 'dark' kind. I just call it yummy.

Toni

Toni
PostFri Dec 24, 2010 8:34 am 
captain jack wrote:
I just discovered Larsens Danish Kringle. God help me.
The Larsens website wrote:
serves 12
ykm.gif
Larsen's Danish Kringle, so addicting! I could have rolled this cart into my vehicle! (somehow?)
Larsen's Danish Kringle, so addicting! I could have rolled this cart into my vehicle! (somehow?)
This may serve 12 rolleyes.gif I was picking up their Potato Lefse this day.

There is no Planet B
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostFri Dec 24, 2010 2:39 pm 
Currently accepting your unwanted fruitcake. Next week I'll be gone a few days, but after the first of the year, I'll be available for fruitcake intake most days. PM me for dropoff location information.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors

Matt Lemke
High on the Outdoors
PostFri Dec 24, 2010 6:17 pm 
Why does everyone hate Quark? Quark; what did you do to make everyone hate you? Is it even possible to eat fruitcake let alone "like" it? Doesn't Quark live in Truth or Consequences NM? If not, why lie about living there instead of here? Just a few questions I want clarified wink.gif

The Pacific coast to the Great Plains = my playground!!! SummitPost Profile See my website at: http://www.lemkeclimbs.com
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostFri Dec 24, 2010 11:15 pm 
Quark lies.

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis

Josh Journey
a.k.a Josh Lewis
PostSat Dec 25, 2010 1:20 pm 
The Fruit Cake part is mentioned near the end. Jim gives me a good laugh. lol.gif

Lono

Lono
PostSat Dec 25, 2010 2:34 pm 
Boehm's Chocolates in Issaquah has a really good Kringle, though it sells out fast every year - not sure who bakes it. Larsen's I had in years past, sweet but very delicious. My current favorite though is pannetone bread from Borracchini's Bakery in Rainier Valley, freshly baked and handed over the counter by Mr. Borracchini on a saturday. Light on the fruit, just a few raisins, great bread texture - and less than $6 a loaf, buy two. Merry Christmas everybody.

Z
Erratic

Z
Erratic
PostMon Dec 27, 2010 1:16 pm 
As most of you will recall, after having been missing for several months last year, Quark was presumed to have eaten her last fruitcake (or anything else lurking under her truck seat, for that matter). After having gone to all the trouble of having a memorial thread (it was the most we could do), Quark was resurrected/reanimated on Halloween 2009. After consulting various experts in the field (as well as ones found elsewhere), it was the general consensus that we are now dealing with a Zombie Quark. eek.gif I would therefore suggest that anyone planning to meet up with Quark to drop off their refuse fruitcake should take some commonsense precautions: 1. A helmet with a secure locking mechanism; 2. A reliable anti-Zombie weapon (not one of those cheap novelty items); and, 3. Place a label on the fruitcake with BRAIN written large and legibly. In the event that the experts are correct and we are dealing with a Zombie Quark, if she disarms you and while she is delayed at getting your brain by the lock mechanism on your helmet, show her the fruitcake (with the label toward her, of course), then loudly and enthusiastically say "Yummy Brain!!" before throwing it in the direction opposite from your predetermined escape route. Although it is normally unwise to take the risk of meeting with zombies, the opportunity to get rid of fruitcakes will undoubtedly cause many of you to take the gamble with your brain. Just be prepared. P.S. Even if the experts are wrong, it's never a bad idea to wear a helmet around Q. She may have gotten a new iron for Xmas. paranoid.gif

"Einstein stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of light, is as a blind man stating that nothing can travel faster than the speed of sound" 1979 They don't make years like they used to.
veronika

veronika
PostMon Dec 27, 2010 1:41 pm 
Nicely said Z! Good thing I didn't get any fruitcakes this year. Actually, they are forbidden in my family. ALL 10,000 (well, not really but close estimate) of us hate the stuff! clown.gif If/when I ever come across a fruitcake, I will be sure to read this thread again. There is some good beta in this thread that can save your life!

Take risks not to escape life, but to prevent life from escaping I may not have anyone rocking my world right now but, I don't have anyone messing it up either.