Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > annual polar bear triple dip
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSat Dec 22, 2007 10:20 pm 
invitation to join me and other crazies at the 20th polar bear triple dip in port angeles, hollywood beach (in front of red lion hotel), january 1, 10am. this is a photo from the 2006 dip, huge waves! the 2007 was a bit calmer! hoping for snow in 2008!
oh, bon fire for warmth!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 8:49 am 
No thank you!! lol.gif I am always freezing. Have a great time!

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. Silence is golden and duct tape is silver. I don't write trip reports.
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 11:24 am 
HJT wrote:
Nothing beats the Polar Bear dip in Olalla.
does that mean you do the polar bear there? biggrin.gif our polar bear TRIPLE dip is better - i'm the main character! clown.gif Hiker Chick: the cold water, around 42 degrees is the least of my problems. being seen in a swimsuit is worse! paranoid.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 12:24 pm 
Thanks for the invite. I could do that easy. I rinse off with cold every time I take a shower. Trouble is, I'm pretty sure I wont feel like driving to Port Angeles on New Years morning.... Good luck.... hockeygrin.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 1:04 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
Hiker Chick: the cold water, around 42 degrees is the least of my problems. being seen in a swimsuit is worse! paranoid.gif
Well, wear your polar bear suit. C'mon.. dizzy.gif

If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito. Silence is golden and duct tape is silver. I don't write trip reports.
polarbear

polarbear
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 3:15 pm 
eek.gif I think my triple dip this new year will consist of salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. (hopefully I will survive) up.gif up.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 4:42 pm 
come on, with an avatar such as the polar bear......... you can do better that salsa, guacamole, and sour cream. how about seaweed, sand, silt!!

Yana
Hater

Yana
Hater
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 6:15 pm 
Backpacker Joe wrote:
Thanks for the invite. I could do that easy. I rinse off with cold every time I take a shower. Trouble is, I'm pretty sure I wont feel like driving to Port Angeles on New Years morning.... Good luck.... hockeygrin.gif
Well, luckily for you, there is a similar event in Seattle: http://www.seattle.gov/parks/aquatics/PolarBearPlunge.htm Last year there were all kinds of costumes (my favorite was a woman in an inflated cow suit... not sure how the inflating fan took to being dunked in Lake Washington, though). It's a fun time, and it's at noon so you don't have to get up TOO early.

PLAY SAFE! SKI ONLY IN CLOCKWISE DIRECTION! LET'S ALL HAVE FUN TOGETHER!
Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker

Backpacker Joe
Blind Hiker
PostSun Dec 23, 2007 6:55 pm 
Hey now, maybe Ill just do that one..... up.gif

"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide." — Abraham Lincoln
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Dec 18, 2008 1:58 pm 
okay.......i've changed the subject title of this thread. it's getting close to that time to celebrate the new year, 2009! the 21st Polar Bear Triple Dip, January 1, 2009, Port Angeles City Pier, Hollywood Beach, 10am. **too bad the snow and freezing temps will probably disappear by the new year! this is a photo of the 2008 PBTD
i'm in the middle (orange/brown) holding hands with my buddy, gay hunter (blue) come one, come all! btw: this will be my 18th year agree.gif bbbuuuurrrrrrrrr!

the Zachster

the Zachster
PostThu Dec 18, 2008 4:09 pm 
My brother does the New Year's Polar Bear dip EVERY year... He lives in Naples , Florida... hmmm.gif

"May I always be the kind of person my dog thinks I am"
Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostThu Dec 18, 2008 4:21 pm 
Please change the actual title of the thread. It's making my brain hurt. dizzy.gif

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostThu Dec 18, 2008 6:54 pm 
what will be a better title? 21st skinny dipping 21st juan de fuca dipsticks 21st hollywood beach extravaganza 21st screamin' and hollerin' 21st wet and wild dippers 21st polar bears gone wild

Hiker Chick

Hiker Chick
PostThu Dec 18, 2008 7:05 pm 
Once again, I have to decline. Not just due to the cold, but I will be ringing in the New Year in San Fransisco! chickenleg.gif blowout.gif

Magellan
Brutally Handsome

Magellan
Brutally Handsome
PostThu Dec 18, 2008 11:15 pm 
bcfc53 wrote:
what will be a better title? 21st skinny dipping 21st juan de fuca dipsticks 21st hollywood beach extravaganza 21st screamin' and hollerin' 21st wet and wild dippers 21st polar bears gone wild
It doesn't say 21st, it say 21th. hmmm.gif