Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you reading?
Previous :: Next Topic  
zephyr
aka friendly hiker

zephyr

aka friendly hiker
PostThu Feb 20, 2020 2:50 pm 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
Plaintiff in Chief:  Portrait of D...T... in 3500 Lawsuits by James Zirin, All Points Books of St. Martin's Publishing Group, 2019.  Here's a blurb about the author (scroll to bottom of that page).  I did find the book very readable and highly informative.  Available at the Seattle Public Library.  I saw the author in an online  interview and then tracked down his book.

Now I am on to a murder mystery about 16th Century Ottoman Turkish court painters.  ~z
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
lookout bob
WTA proponent.....

lookout bob

WTA proponent.....
PostSat Feb 22, 2020 9:05 am 
Bad Land: An American romance.   An older book by Jonathon Raban who is a skilled author indeed.  Great read so far.  It is a national book award winner.   cool.gif

--------------
"Altitude is its own reward"
John Jerome ( from "On Mountains")
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
pimaCanyon

pimaCanyon

PostTue Feb 25, 2020 3:31 pm 
Sky Runner by Emelie Forsberg
Out There, the Wildest Stories from Outside Magazine
Rising by Sharon Wood
The Way Home by Mark Boyle
Medicine and Miracles in the High Desert by Eric Elliott
The Patient Assassin by Anita Anand

Probably enough for starters.  These are some of my favorites I've read over the past few months, all were checked out from my local library.

Sky Runner doesn't have a whole lot of text, story, or depth, but what's there is enjoyable, and the photography is stunning.  She and Killian Jornet are a couple now living in coastal Norway.  They're both incredible mountain runners.

Out There has some really entertaining stories.

Happy Reading!

--------------
It's never too late to have a happy childhood
Waterman

Waterman

PostTue Feb 25, 2020 5:46 pm 
Mr Putin

By Fiona Hill & Clifford Gaddy

Not so much a biography, more of a psychological portrait. Has given me a far better understanding of Russia. Fascinating country.

--------------
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I,I took the one less traveled by. And that has made all the difference.
Robert Frost
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 3:35 pm 
I'm on a long losing streak w/ books.  Just started "The Golden Compass" by Philip Pullman.  I've been aware of the His Dark Materials series for quite a while, just never got around to reading it.
olderthanIusedtobe

olderthanIusedtobe

PostWed Feb 26, 2020 3:36 pm 
Prolific author Cliver Cussler just died.  I've read many of his Dirk Pitt novels and tried a bit of some of his other series.  RIP.
Mike Collins

Mike Collins

PostThu Apr 02, 2020 11:49 am 
Life of General Isaac I. Stevens by his son Hazard Stevens. Hazard Stevens accompanied his father during many of his activities as the first governor of the then Washington Territory. As such he offers a premium eye witness account in addition to sharing privileged family letters and diaries. Isaac Stevens led the US Pacific Railroad expedition for the northern exploration. That party was a disciplined crew. Here is an excerpt from the diary of Isaac Stevens; Cook-fires to be made at two A.M.; the cooks and teamsters called at three, and the animals to be put in good grass; reveille to be sounded at four, and all the officers to be called by name; the whole camp to breakfast about four, and the teamsters immediately to commence harnessing up; tents struck by half past four, and camp in motion by five.
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > What are you reading?
  Happy Birthday weatherman, Lotus54!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: