Forum Index > Full Moon Saloon > Clover and Drought
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Apr 24, 2024 1:44 pm 
Two years ago, I spread clover seeds on top of my grass. It took quite a while to come up. Now it is well established in some areas and has smothered the grass, as planned. It is spreading out nicely. I've had water problems for over a week--sposed to get fixed this weekend, so the lawn has not been watered as much as it should have been. Here's the great part--the clover has been green and was even moist. I just mowed it and found that out. The grass is dry and turning brown. The grass is pretty much toast on the south slope that gets baked, but the clover is slower to dry and perks right up when watered. I thought that bit had died last summer but it revived. I've decided that clover is more drought tolerant and will spread some more seed around. I give it two thumbs up.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities

gb, flatsqwerl
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Bootpathguy

Bootpathguy
PostWed Apr 24, 2024 4:58 pm 
Did you just cast the seed? No layer of topsoil added? White clover?

Experience is what'cha get, when you get what'cha don't want
treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!

treeswarper
Alleged Sockpuppet!
PostWed Apr 24, 2024 7:21 pm 
Yup. The directions said to cut the grass as low as possible and rake it. I did a section that way and then just seeded in the rest without any prep. It seemed to make no difference. Yes, it is white clover. I haven't been able to get it to grow in one area by seeding, but I think it will creep into that spot eventually. There are very thirsty spruce trees that suck up the moisture there.

What's especially fun about sock puppets is that you can make each one unique and individual, so that they each have special characters. And they don't have to be human––animals and aliens are great possibilities