Forum Index > Trip Reports > Wallace Lake, Jan 20
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
dean brittain

dean brittain
PostTue Jan 22, 2008 7:55 am 
Hey Quark, remember the rather large animal you saw on the suiattle last week hanging around a couple humans? Turns out that same beast and said humans were up Near Wallace lake on Sunday. What a small world! We were trying to do the upper loop from woody trail down to Greg Ball, but it sounds like we didn't go far enough. The Mastiff and I were postholing alot so we turned around and came back down the woody trail. Thosa paw tracks you saw are probably from Abram, my girlfriends English Mastiff. Geez, were going hiking this weekend......wonder if will make it three in a row to the same spot!

mountain fresh
Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostTue Jan 22, 2008 1:46 pm 
Hey that was you guys? I petted your dog, or at least gushed a little. No way that Jabberwock print I posted a photo of is a dog's! It has wierd footpads in the back. confused.gif

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostTue Jan 22, 2008 2:02 pm 
That's the mouseketeer part. wink.gif

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostTue Jan 22, 2008 6:05 pm 
Quark wrote:
JimK: "Boy, I'm glad I don't have to go out and scrape ice in the morning." Quark: "You slay bison every morning?" JimK: "Yes, I have a bison-slaying habit. That's why they're almost extinct in Ballard. But I'm also glad I don't have to scrape ice in the morning"
rotf.gif Quark, thanks for an outrageous and entertaining TR. My kids are always asking me why I'm laughing out loud at my computer. I just say, "It's Quark again."

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
JimK

JimK
PostWed Jan 23, 2008 9:02 pm 
I finally posted my trip report with 30 photos on my site here: Wallace Lake Report And Photos Here are a few photos:

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess

More Cowbell
Warrior Princess
PostWed Jan 23, 2008 9:17 pm 
It's another Quark winter wear fashion show:
JimK wrote:

“If you want to forget all your other troubles, wear too tight shoes.” - Unknown
Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore

Quark
Niece of Alvy Moore
PostWed Jan 23, 2008 9:23 pm 
Nice pics, Jim, and such an excellent write-up on your site. Yeah, MC - I didn't realize til I looked at Jim's pics that I had 3 different jackets. But they were all functional - the Cloudveil is excellent for hiking when it's cold, the puffy - of course to wear for breaks, and the raincoat for slaying bison. Um, I mean, for thwarting pflumph-bombs. up.gif Jim's pic of the lake and snow remind me of the several I deleted by mistake. I'm sure they woulda won next year's WTA photo contest; at least the NWHiker's WTF Contest.

"...Other than that, the post was more or less accurate." Bernardo, NW Hikers' Bureau Chief of Reporting
Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster

Schmidt Alti-Dude
4th class poster
PostWed Jan 23, 2008 9:29 pm 
Quark wrote:
Jabberwocky
Jabberwocky
Since you can see the claw marks in front of the toes these prints are either canine or ursine (felines retract their claws until it is time to strike - just like my wife lol.gif ) Since it obviously isn't wide enough for a bear it is most likely a track of some type of canine. It looks much bigger that a coyote track, which are about the same size as a whippet's, so it must be a jabberwocky hmmm.gif .

Anything stated by me in no way reflects the attitudes or opinions of my wife