Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Trinity mine, Trinity, WA
Previous :: Next Topic  
Noel Freedman

Noel Freedman
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 11:03 am 
Reply to topic Reply with quote
My grandfather and his brother founded the Royal Development mine in Trinity, WA in 1921.  The powerhouse is still running fed by a stream.  There is a year round caretaker on site.  Driving directions on net.  I have a lot of material of this subject.  Interested? email me.
Noel Freedman

--------------
My grandfather founded the Royale Development Company located at Trinity, WA.
I have a whole slew of info and photos. 
Interested?   Thanks
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob

Backpacker Joe
NWH Joe-Bob
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 pm 
Thanks for the offer Noel.  Welcome to the site. up.gif

--------------
"If destruction be our lot we must ourselves be its author and finisher. As a nation of freemen we must live through all time or die by suicide."

ó Abraham Lincoln
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Send e-mail Reply to topic Reply with quote
-lol-

-lol-
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 2:20 pm 
View user's profile Search for posts by this user Send private message Reply to topic Reply with quote
Jake

Jake
PostMon Jan 21, 2008 6:08 pm 
Yes, the old the powerhouse and mine is a sight to see for sure.
The owners gave us a tour of both a few years ago. It is interesting that the buildings roofs are kept clear of snow by heat provided by power from the Pelton wheel, which is still in operation.
In the mine, we stood at a point 10,000 feet from the portal at the old transformer station and were able to look back down the tunnel and still see a tiny point of light coming in. The tunnel is that straight for 10,000 feet. At that point, the tunnel turns slightly to the right and enters the area of the main workings, which are connected, to the St. Francis mine 600 vertical feet above by a series of raises and intermediate levels.
Phil Woodhouse made a video of the mine and powerhouse that day.
It was a lot of fun and very interesting to study the history of this remote mining camp and then visit.
It was a very modern and comfortable camp for itís time, with houses and cabins for the married folks and a couple very nice bunkhouses for the single men.
It was said the only way to get a job there was if someone died. It was that good of a place to work and live.
larryanderson3

larryanderson3
PostFri Feb 01, 2008 4:05 pm 
yes my friends dad from highchool owns the place I guess. I was invited to go snowmobiling there 6 or so years ago but never went. I would love to check it out sometime. Anyone have any pictures?
Jimbo

Jimbo
PostThu Mar 19, 2009 6:35 pm 
2009 now and still waiting for info and pictures  winksmile.gif

--------------
Guns only have two enemies; rust and politicians
rforbes

rforbes
PostFri Jul 03, 2009 10:07 am 
my great-grandfather bought the whole property back in 1948.  It was basically my family's vacation home ever since then.  We sold off most of the property except for an acre and one cabin about 20 years ago, i think?  something like that.  I still go up as many times as I can throughout the summer.

-r
Snowbrushy

Snowbrushy
PostFri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 am 
I hope you know just how lucky you are! I'm green with envy. I hate people like you.. (just kidding).   wink.gif
Mine Explorer

Mine Explorer
PostWed Sep 14, 2016 5:40 pm 
Video:

https://www.facebook.com/northwestundergroundexplorations/
Mine Explorer

Mine Explorer
PostWed Sep 14, 2016 6:00 pm 
Specifically: https://www.facebook.com/northwestundergroundexplorations/videos/981566541989577/
  Display:     All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Forum Index > Pacific NW History > Trinity mine, Trinity, WA
  Happy Birthday Mr. Cleanhead!
Jump to:   
Search this topic: