Forum Index > Trip Reports > If I Would Have Went, This Is What I Would Have Seen 1.27.08
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostSun Jan 27, 2008 11:25 pm 
Started at the Lime Kiln TH and in an hours time I had made my objective, Point 1120+ AKA I*** Mtn.

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks

puzzlr
Mid Fork Rocks
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 12:52 am 
I'm sure glad you stayed home and played "find the quarry" with photoshop wink.gif

seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 1:22 am 
wow, awesome ...photoshop. yeah. dizzy.gif and I love the little toy trucks. cool wink.gif

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer

Dayhike Mike
Bad MFKer
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 1:24 am 
Weird. NB, it looks like someone stole the mountain. WTF?

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke "Ignorance is natural. Stupidity takes commitment." -Solomon Short
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 12:12 pm 
Thanks for the playful comments, folks, humor is the best medicine. BTW, This is what was going through my head as I was witnessing and photographing this area. The lighting was ever changing as the clouds danced across the sky and the rock faces kept changing their expressions in concert with the sun and clouds. All the while, the temperature was mild and really no wind to speak of. I felt at owe over the expansiveness of this area and how peaceful, surreal, and serene it was.

Stefan

Stefan
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 2:35 pm 
So, if you were going that way, where would have left the trail at? Would you have met up with a road?

Art is an adventure.
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 2:44 pm 
virtual hiking.....perfect up.gif

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 2:48 pm 
Stefan, When the trail breaks out of the forest it connects to an old logging road, in a few hundred yards you come to a T, take a left here and the rest will become obvious. You will be on the road all the way to the quarry. Cutting the road at any time will put you in berry bush hell. If I hadn't stopped to take pictures along the way, it would have been a quick 45 minutes to the highest point. BTW, The last pano was taken from the highest point and in the second picture I placed a red flag in the image to note the highest point.

Sabahsboy

Sabahsboy
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 4:51 pm 
quarry expancia
Naturealbeing....you cop-out! You virtually stole that quarry from the mighty owners?! They will be on your case! Actually, I approached the place in snow a year ago. I decided I did not want to see what un-nature had wrought. There is a nice view of Pilchuck up the branch road as you ascend the hill. Photoshop dresses up the quarry better than my mind does. Love the cloudscapes you deduced via Virtuality and Photoshoppy. Mag-nificent. Your photos of river pebbles and rocks (Picture of the Day thread) are outstanding....a marvel to behold!

naturealbeing

naturealbeing
PostMon Jan 28, 2008 5:45 pm 
Sabahsboy wrote:
I approached the place in snow a year ago. I decided I did not want to see what un-nature had wrought.
It's interesting that you should say that, as I thought someone would bring that up. My observation was that the activities and the results were not any different than of what Mother Nature visually produces 24/7 around the globe. Visually it's the same, only ones belief shapes the interpretation of what one sees. It's like a small waterfall that people have in their home, they claim that it is really relaxing. Now you take the sound of an unwanted leak that sounds the same and you have a completely different take. It's now disturbing, a nuisance, and no longer relaxing. The same can be said about the rushing sound of a river or falls, compared to the rushing sound of traffic on a nearby freeway. With eyes closed the ears hear almost the same sound, yet a natural sound is almost always describe as pleasant, as opposed to the manmade sound of automobile traffic. When it's all said and done "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, or I might add in the ear of the hearing".