Forum Index > Trip Reports > Cape Disappointment State Park 3.24.08
 Reply to topic
Previous :: Next Topic
Hesman

Hesman
PostMon Mar 24, 2008 7:58 pm 
I had a job interview at Cape Disappointment State Park today. Before and after the interview I wandered around the state park, since it had been about 15 years since I had last been at the park. It was an absolutely beautiful day at the park. Sunny and very warm.
North Head Light's Belled Bottom
North Head Light's Belled Bottom

Back to top Reply to topic Reply with quote Send private message
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Mar 24, 2008 8:03 pm 
great pics, HJT! when will you know if you got the job or not? what will you do there? question of the day? where the heck is cape disappointment? (i know, i'm a disappointment for not knowing...i can google but)

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostMon Mar 24, 2008 8:19 pm 
southwest washington? yikes! no mountains? lots of wind? more rain? great sunsets? lots of ships? great fishing? many visitors? i hope you get the job!

bobbi ૐ "Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting. So…get on your way!" - Oh, the Places You’ll Go! By Dr. Seuss
seawallrunner
dilettante

seawallrunner
dilettante
PostMon Mar 24, 2008 9:41 pm 
oh wow !! Good luck HJT !! It's a gorgeous and very VERY popular park. and it's right by the Astoria bridge, and there's a superb park on the OR side of the Columbia river and... the Pig/n/Pancakes is just across the river! Will you help find last-minute spots at the campground for visiting NWHikers? smile.gif

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher

Bloated Chipmunk
Cock Rock Searcher
PostTue Mar 25, 2008 11:08 am 
The best of luck to you HJT!! biggrin.gif up.gif I know it can be a struggle to land jobs in the environmental/outdoorsy field...I fought that battle for awhile myself. I hope you get this job but if not, don't give up! Keep plugging away & eventually it'll happen. Persistence/determination is key. smile.gif Thanks for the great pics!

Home is where the hiking is. "Peaks that have come and gone four times should halt a man in his steps." -- William O. Douglas A balanced diet is a margarita in each hand.
dicentra
Plant Geek

dicentra
Plant Geek
PostTue Mar 25, 2008 1:00 pm 
That's so cool! Good luck. Truely a magical place. smile.gif

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat

goats gone wild
Mr. Goat
PostTue Mar 25, 2008 5:17 pm 
I'm rooting for you, HJT!!! You are exactly the person I would want to encounter if I were visiting a state park....friendly & knowledgeable, great personality. I sure hope it all works out for you. up.gif up.gif

.....leaving me wanting to return over and over in what ever capacity that may be, even if one day my knees are too old and I can only see the mountains from my porch. Jason Hummel
bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostTue Mar 25, 2008 5:28 pm 
H....IMHO, make a case against this policy! i believe that the state is saying that 'some minorities (whatever that means) have a hard time getting 'experience' in a work place, and this is one way to get it. or minorities lack experience because of prejudice, economic status (can't afford schooling but knows all about botany-gifted), stereotype, etc. do a study on how many white males work for the state. less than 'minorities? is so, you are a minority! there was a thread about ethnicity. anyway, i wrote that when i was in peru i was asked my nationality. i replied, american. the peruvian said, i'm american, too! bc (brown chick)

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger

Bryan K
Shameless Peakbagger
PostTue Mar 25, 2008 5:30 pm 
HJT wrote:
white males are low on the totem pole for hiring, since the state has to hire minorities first, no matter how experienced.
That sounds like discrimination to me. Hope you get the job.

bobbi
stillaGUAMish

bobbi
stillaGUAMish
PostTue Mar 25, 2008 5:45 pm 
federal gov't jobs, i think..... veterans get extra 'points' in the interview process. so, equal interviews but you are SOL because you aren't a veteran. vet gets the job. is this correct? okay, this should be in a different thread/forum. sorry!